Page 129 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Ah, but you'd eat it if it was a REAL emergency .....
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Don't get excited just yet, here's the story as of 18th Feb (probably after the handbook went to print).

I've emailed the organiser to find out what the truth as we clearly need to know whether we can expect a free map or need to go out and buy one. Perhaps it's a question dmd can answer.
    Not sure if I'm allowed. I get my knuckles rapped if I say too much, or at the very least shouted at.

Don't forget though that the official map is marked out with the checkpoint locations but not with your route. Navigation is your responsibility and I'm sure you will need to spend some time marking out your route, time that you won't have on the morning of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Breath View Post
    Take the time to read it thoroughly and make sure you have everything withyou on the day, or risk not being allowed to start.
    Please be extra careful about bringing everything you need. In previous years with the kitcheck in Ingleton there has been the possibility of dashing out to the shops in Ingleton to replace missed items. There are no such outdoor shops in Threshfield. We really don't want to exclude anyone from starting, but rules is rules.

Quote Originally Posted by emma7027 View Post
    Must be all the mud packs......:wink:
    Look out for our new range of cosmetics in the Fellsman shop this year - The Fleet Moss Mudpack.

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    am guessing we can sleep in hall on Sat night like last time I did this (it doesn't seem to say so in handbook)
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Breath View Post
    You've got a book with pages and pages of rules and information. What more were you expecting ?
    What's more, the handbook is thicker than before, with lots of interesting, informative, and incredibly well written articles in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    Still better than getting No. 118
    Attachment 5977

The above picture (posted with his permission) is of Jonathan Carter, Fellsman committee member and entrant 118 in the 2009 Fellsman. He claims to have worn this from start to finish.

I hope you'll all be able to take him seriously if he turns out to be next year's event organiser, which is a strong possibility.

Jonny was also entrant number 1 on his third entry to the event (obviously pulled some strings to get his entry in first) but many people mistook him for the previous winner, so from that time on we have allocated number 1 to the previous year's winner. Assuming Jez doesn't pull out before the event he will be running as number 1.

Haha, Anyone else been watching the video exploits of the "Fellsman" in his quest to complete this years Fellsman Hike......He's on Youtube, well worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampig View Post
    Haha, Anyone else been watching the video exploits of the "Fellsman" in his quest to complete this years Fellsman Hike......He's on Youtube, well worth a look.
    Yes! Absolutely brilliant!

This is a particular favourite. I've watched it several times and it never fails to make me laugh.

"Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dmd View Post
    Must mention to the kitcheck officer that they need to check sell-by dates.

Mine or the Marzipans? :wink:
    The older I get the Faster I was