Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235
Results 2,341 to 2,345 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Speak to the Fuller's. They have loads of Fellsman experience. I got through the kitcheck with no problems.

I did it last year - kit check was thorough but just followed the instruction list, I have got fairly standard kit and that got through ok. Good luck in the race, I'm back again too.

How good was that??? Had an awesome time, apart from the last 3 hours. Nav, nutrition, kit, whole event experience - good. Feet - bad!! Feet started falling apart from Fleet Moss, and really fell apart after Capplestone Gate, lost a tonne of time late on due to not being able to run on them.

Need an Ultra shoe for next year, probably Roclite or X Talon. Mudclaw 300's were definitely not the way forward but I suspect I knew that before the start. What I didn't know before the start was that i'd definitely be doing it again next year and the investment would be worthwhile :-)

Was impressed with the guy I got for kit check, talked through a coupe of layering options with him and he re-checked my kit and advised what he would consider sufficient etc, really helpful. I obviously carried a base layer,Fleece and waterproof, but replaced an extra insulated layer with a thin windproof which I ran in all day. If the forecast had been colder/wetter, i'd definitely take the insulated layer and more.

How incredible is the whole organisation? And those CP's!! Loved the guy blaring out Queen in the dark at the Hell's Gap CP.

So Glad you enjoyed it and survived! It's a very fine experience. 2/3's of team Otley AC also enjoyed it. It took a month for my feet to recover afterwards. Shame it doesn't go across Fleet moss anymore, but I understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post
    How good was that??? Had an awesome time, apart from the last 3 hours. Nav, nutrition, kit, whole event experience - good. Feet - bad!! Feet started falling apart from Fleet Moss, and really fell apart after Capplestone Gate, lost a tonne of time late on due to not being able to run on them.

Need an Ultra shoe for next year, probably Roclite or X Talon. Mudclaw 300's were definitely not the way forward but I suspect I knew that before the start. What I didn't know before the start was that i'd definitely be doing it again next year and the investment would be worthwhile :-)

Was impressed with the guy I got for kit check, talked through a coupe of layering options with him and he re-checked my kit and advised what he would consider sufficient etc, really helpful. I obviously carried a base layer,Fleece and waterproof, but replaced an extra insulated layer with a thin windproof which I ran in all day. If the forecast had been colder/wetter, i'd definitely take the insulated layer and more.

How incredible is the whole organisation? And those CP's!! Loved the guy blaring out Queen in the dark at the Hell's Gap CP.
    Glad you loved it, Dave. You summed up why it's one of my all-time favourites. See you there next year I hope!