Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blubberhouses 25

Blubberhouses 25 - 5th April

If you thought the Trollers was good have ago at this one ....
    Nr Otley West Yorkshire, starts close to Fewston Res, over Roundhill and beamley beacon, down to bolton Abbey, then back over the moors to Thruscross REs and back down the river washburn to teh usual feed at the end - 25miles (no shorter) with about 4000ft of climb. Did it in just over 4hrs last year.
    Much more satisfiying than the boring old Baildon Boundry Way - on the same day

Re: Blubberhouses 25 - 1st Apr

It is a good one. Done it twice I think. The view from the top of the hill looking down onto Bolton Abbey is just great. It's been lovely sunny when I've done it. Unfortunately I can't do it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    It is a good one. Done it twice I think. The view from the top of the hill looking down onto Bolton Abbey is just great. It's been lovely sunny when I've done it. Unfortunately I can't do it this year.
    The Mourne beckon!

looks like last post disappeared.

chris, i wont get time for a reccy, how well marked is it (or not) or do you need to be able to use a map well or expected to know the route (or be able to keep up with someone that hopefully does) and do a lot of people run it?

cheers
    dave

There's been quite a few runners when I've done it. You start an hour later then the walkers so not great crowds at the start. I think it's fairly easy to find your way. Not too many fiddly bits!

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    looks like last post disappeared.

chris, i wont get time for a reccy, how well marked is it (or not) or do you need to be able to use a map well or expected to know the route (or be able to keep up with someone that hopefully does) and do a lot of people run it?

cheers
    dave
    Good no of runners last year - 25 or more and a very easy route. I'll let you have the cp refs when i get on my pc

cheers for that chris would appreciate it, i am seriously thinking off having a try. what time does it set off and from where. I emailed the conatct name you gave but havent heard anything yet re details

s it feasible to pull out at the cp if neccessary?

dave

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    cheers for that chris would appreciate it, i am seriously thinking off having a try. what time does it set off and from where. I emailed the conatct name you gave but havent heard anything yet re details

s it feasible to pull out at the cp if neccessary?

dave
    Check points for teh Blubberhouses 25 as follows;
    all SE 20700 53100
    18200 52800
    16400 52800
    12300 53600
    09200 52200
    08900 53100
    07800 55400
    11100 57900
    15500 57400
    16800 55400
    18700 53800
    17900 52900
    12200 53700
    09800 52400
    08100 54300
    14500 57000

and yes..you can pull out at any of the cps and they will drive you back to base (all in the price). Starts from cp 1 and i think the start is 9am (but not sure) - after the walkers. I'm sure teh organsier will contact you. As it;s the last one (dont now why!), and its being adverted lots, i think there will be a lot more runners than last yr

Just got my entry through - runner 96. Last time I did this was about 18 years ago. You went get lost at the beginning because it is a pretty straight track over Round Hill. You should catch some of the walkers before Cavendish Pavillion. Long drag up to Simon's Seat. The finish used to be hard through a lot of wet fields but I think it has changed a bit now

Where Do You Enter This Race ? I Was Doing The Baildon But It Would Fit In Better With My Three Peaks Training