Page 10 of 235 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    Just checking the GR for the last bit of the Fellsman and just wanted to check I am going in the right direction.

edit: seen this on the fellsman http://www.fellsman.org.uk/doku.php?...oint_locations

So just to check that this is where the actual CP's are
    The map on this site I believe is the OLD route. the route from Middle toungue now goes further North toward Stake Moss but kept the name 'Hell Gate' It was changed a couple of years ago to stop runners cutting the corner and crossing private land which was causing trouble. You then follow the byway down to Cray

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post

The way off Buckden Pike isn't as obvious as it is on the map in the dark and in fog. Keep a keen eye and memorise it well.
    Found the way off Buckden pike fine! Went along to the memorial cross and along a bit from there then picked up the bridleway.

Nearly went too far down though as the path that forks off from it is virtually non-existent. Can imagine in the dark it will be next to impossible.

If you have to ask how long the Fellsman is, then it is probably too long for you.

Seriously, the distance is not even half the story. You also have to take into account: ascent/descent, seriously grotty ground, navigation, fog and darkness.

A bit like 1 1/2 times the Derwent Watershed, but solo rather than with your mates.

JK (who must get round to entering for it some year)

What time of the day does it start as it does not mention it on the entry form?

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    What time of the day does it start as it does not mention it on the entry form?
    9.00am which means if you sleep in the hall before the race you have to be up at a crazy time to have breakfast and catch the bus to the start. It used to start at 12.00 which meant you got a good nights sleep and more runners ran in the night, now the top guys are in the pub before nightfall

Thanks

Does anyone have the route plotted on memory map? I am trying to get hold of the route (mmo file).

Thanks
    Martin

i assume this route is still the correct one. I have not done it. sure others on here will be able to tell you.

Thanks wold ranger for the mmo file. There are a few sections where there did not seem to be an obvious route. The mmo route clarifies it. Is the route off Whernside flagged or can you take any route to Yordas?