Page 100 of 235 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    I have the uptmost respect for people doing these kinda long distance runs, it must take some training for!!! Question though, does it totally devoid you of speed all the long long slow miles you must have to do in training? Just curious
    Personally my training still includes a large element of speed work (2/5 sessions) and I may not be the fastest, but I'm reasonable (top 25% in most races). Once you have built up a reasonable fitness and distance base then speed is the next thing to work on. i can't imagine that any of the sub 13hr boys and girls just do long and slow miles. i'm quite sure that any of them would fair well in much shorter races.
    eg Top Novice Konrad Rawlik

Adam Speed
    P&B

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    oh dear you seem to have caught a dose of Christopher Leighitis - completely missing the point (nor including it in your cut and paste) but carrying on regardless. If its that bad you always could take you camera and ball home like you have previously...
    I've got a camera but I ain't getten a ball to tek 'ome. You're so full of yersen that you just don't get where I'm coming from. I love you really!:wink:

Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    John, that you?! Piecing this together from your username and the fact I read on Facebook you'd run. It's Si here - 'I am Spartacus' 5 a side, last year's Nine Edges etc etc...

Of course if you aren't john then let's all just forget this embarassing post...
    Haha, you're close, it's Lisa but I am in the same group as Jon, and we made it to the finishing line together. Also did nine edges last year, so apart from the fact I'm not a bloke you could've been right! Maybe I should have a pic to avoid confusion......

Anyone else a tad worse for wear after the Fellsman. Im hoping to have a trot out tommorrow first one. Not long till the Wharfedale off road marathon.

It sounds like you tried harder than I did! Personally I am feeling surprisingly fresh, but I took the last 25-30 miles felt fairly easy as I got into a comfortable group with a team-mate of mine plus some other nice folk. Maybe I should have tried harder but for me it was really a training run prior to a possible BG later this summer, and I didn't want to wreck myself. I felt pretty weary until Tuesday-ish, but I think that was lack of sleep as much as anything else - I didn't get much sleep the night before the event and the night after so, after a week of work, this morning's sleep-in felt awesome.

I've had a bit of a tickly cough since I finished it. Could it be due to all the heavy breathing and huffing and puffing on the way round? I also had a bad back for 24 hours or so afterwards, probably due to carrying a pack and posture stuff. Felt surprisingly ok though, managed a short run on wednesday, and a bit longer/up and down on Friday so happy with that.

Look after yourself, Plodding Bear. I had a cold before the last ultra I did - the Might Contain Nuts Brecon Beacons ultra in December - and the run seemed to knock my immune system quite a bit, making the cold hit me fairly hard.

I took it quite easy all the way around and as mentioned by others had hardly any sleep the night before. I only had 2 hours kip in the car before driving home. The legs feel fine and I was running ok from Tuesday onwards but the lack of sleep seemed to have an effect. Still felt lethargic today and had to have a couple of hours cat nap. Don't know what I'll be like after the Housman hundred next week

I should think you'll be pretty buggered, Fly.

managed a 5 mile jog on thursday, but have struggled more with the tiredness this week.
    "Quick" question for you all....having formed our own group of 5 we were then joined by another couple, the man held us back a massive amount (approx 2.5 hours) and eventually bailed at Park Rash. Question-could we carry on and leave him (as long as at least 4 carry on), to have a rest and then join a later group? as it was he refused to quit until it became farcical!?