Page 115 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Got my entry in, when do you find out whether you have got a place or not....anybody know?

I think if you've already sent it in, you can be fairly certain you have a place. Most years they have a reserve list, as they usually get a few 'no shows', so others can have a crack.
    I'd get training, if I were you!

Quote Originally Posted by kcr View Post
    Judging from past results the last non grouped runners come in at about 12hrs30-ish.
    For what it's worth as an indication of times, last year I did Cray 9hrs10, Park Rash 10hrs24, Yarnbury 11hrs53 & Finish 12hrs10. I would estimate that everyone who finished 5th up to 11th (the last solo runner) passed Hell Gap within a 2min window.
    As for route choice, it was only my first Fellsman last year and I had never been to the area before, so there are probably more qualified people to comment. However, although I don't know what the first 4 did, the latter 7 solo runners all took the line along the fences to the south of Fleet Moss, picking up the quadtrack (easy to find on Google Maps) after passing Deepgill and following this around till a direct line to the CP could be taken. I personally very much doubt the road option to the relocated CP is faster as the line along the southern edge of Fleet Moss is very runnable without any significant climbs. After Middle Tounge I & the four behind me took a direct line to the northern boundary wall of the High Pasture. The two guys who reached Middle Tounge ahead of me appeared to take a more northerly line which seems to be slower as I got to Hell Gap ahead of them.
    Many thanks - I think I will just keep on dreaming.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Got my entry in, when do you find out whether you have got a place or not....anybody know?
    My cheque has cashed today :thumbup: so hopefully I have a start.

Me too, happy days!!

The people running the fellsman have said on facebook that record numbers have entered so get your application in quick!!

Just entered online!!! Anyone else? What's all the "Record No's" about is it likely to be oversubscribed......
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    The people running the fellsman have said on facebook that record numbers have entered so get your application in quick!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Thanks guys, some good stuff there. I'm training with a 10l pack at the moment; it's actually a hydration pack that i use for MTB but i might try one of those bottle carriers that attaches to the shoulder strap; Raidlight style. I've a suspicion that it'll bounce around and drive me mad but it'd be cheaper than a new pack.

I've emailed the organsier about the possibility of doing a special 50th anniversary map (like the Lakeland 100/50) and they seemed very positive about it. It'd certainly solve any issues with runners using home made strip maps.
    Just had an email back from the organisers; Harvey's are doing a sponsored custom map, specifically for the event!

There will be details on the website in due course, so if you haven't got a map, don't go out and buy one just yet.

Anyone planning any reccies and don't object to a tag along, the obvious bit snaizeholme and dodd fell and there after to capplestone gate, or any other parts for some training, feel familiar with first 30 ish mile.Dave