Page 117 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by 9sqrun View Post
    Sent my entry by snail mail on the 1st...no cheque cashed as yet! Will give it a few more days though before the panic sets in!!!
    Well I am glad it isn;t just my cheque that hasn't been cashed!

All the mention of fleet moss has got me thinking, what sort of time would you need to be through Dent to try and aim to get across fleet moss before grouping? I tried last year but misjudged things and had an embarassing mishap which altered my timings somewhat....

Master

We were among the last to leave the Fleet Moss checkpoint before grouping, and got to Dent at around 1 o'clock

cheers for that, I came through Dent about 1.30pm so that sounds like a good target

cheers for that dmd, that is very useful indeed, I did not know such a site existed. I can now trace back to where it all went a little pear-shaped....

Master

That's interesting, presumably previous years aren't available on that site?

All this talk makes me wish I was doing it again this year, but with the Highlander 2 weeks earlier and the GL3D the week after, I think I'm already over-doing things!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dmd View Post
    Sorry no. I suppose I might be able to do that, hadn't really considered historical data. In any case the earliest year available for this system would be 2010. 2009 was really just a pilot and we don't have complete data from then.
    I've only done 2010 so that would be fine
    But I'd expect that I'd probably be about the only one interested in looking back that far!

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    cheers for that dmd, that is very useful indeed, I did not know such a site existed. I can now trace back to where it all went a little pear-shaped....
    Sorry I have had to remove access to the site I mentioned in the post I have now deleted. A few issues about privacy etc. Hopefully will have a revised version in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    All the mention of fleet moss has got me thinking, what sort of time would you need to be through Dent to try and aim to get across fleet moss before grouping? I tried last year but misjudged things and had an embarassing mishap which altered my timings somewhat....
    Due to the Fellsman being 2 weeks earlier and consequently less daylight, I wouldn't be surprised if the grouping times were brought forward by 30 minutes, which would mean having to re-think pace etc if you wanted to get through Fleet Moss checkpoint before compulsory grouping.

Does anybody know if the route changes implemented in 2011 will still apply in 2012?

I'm speculating that moving the race to April is to avoid disturbing nesting birds, and that we will be back on the old route over Middle Tongue.