Page 130 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Yes! Absolutely brilliant!

This is a particular favourite. I've watched it several times and it never fails to make me laugh.

I really hope I get grouped with him. The hours would fly by!
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    I really hope I get grouped with him. The hours would fly by!
    I've been practising throwing a few shapes, just in case....:thumbup:
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

I'm number 160. It'll be my second Fellsman - about 14 hours last year but whinjury and work have got in the way this year so I have a vague aim for a sub-16 hour time. We'll see how much residual endurance I have...

By the way, there is a new post on the Fellsman blog:

http://www.fellsman.org.uk/doku.php?...:3_weeks_to_go

This contains a clarification re the map (which says you can't rely it as your only map:

You may be wondering about the map mentioned in Suzanne’s article. It is our intention to give a map to every starter as a ‘birthday present’ to celebrate our 50th (as long as they have arrived by then!). We must stress, though, that the existing rules concerning maps still stand – the new map will not be accepted as the only map carried this year and is initially being considered a ‘keepsake’ of taking part in the 50th event. As the Fellsman is a point to point self navigation event, we feel it is safer to use maps you are already familiar with, ours may may not be to everyone’s taste and it may not provide sufficient detail for navigation purposes, particularly for novices. The committee will study the map carefully, consult with entrants on the weekend and consider its appropriateness for the map rule for next years event. We thank you in advance for your understanding about this matter, as you will all be aware, entrant safety is our prime concern and, until we have been able to study the map in detail first hand, we feel the above decision is in everyone's best interests.
    Last edited by Roadkill; 09-04-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Went for a little 'trot round' today, ahem...:closed:

Met a couple on the hills, forgot to get names but might see you again at Threshfield in a couple of weeks.

First time I'd ever navigated with a Harveys Map (well, not since Kimm 2003); bit odd at first but think it'll be ok.

Used my tnf enduro pack for the first time; well chuffed with it. Only did 15miles but I reckon it'll be spot on as I didn't know it was there. It's a squeeze gettting all the kit in but managed it just. I won't have much food with me on the day and I'll only need one bottle so that'll make a bit more space.

I found three kendal mint bars (from Hellvellyn Tri goodie bags over the last three years) and parcel taped them together for an emergency ration; it's about all it's good for!

Made me laugh too,could be the basis of a mass warm up in Ingleton.No 482

Unless I have another set back over the next couple weeks, I'm definitely giving the Fellsman a bash. No.185 so if you see me heading in the wrong direction...please give me a shout I'm feeling a mixture of terror and excitement but if I can pull this off I'll be over the moon because it will be the hardest thing I've ever done and if I don't, well, I'll have given it my best shot.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

good on you hes, you'll fine ive never caught you yet and im sure you'll get round ok mate. i'll be there so come and say hello. not long now and time to start tapering :thumbup:

old un's right Hes, you'll be right, don't go too fast early doors, eat little and often, get chatting to those at the same pace as you, take it checkpoint by checkpoint and the finish will be yours, if you go through a bad patch, don't worry, it'll pass, Good Luck, you can do it
    Hills and Guinness!

Thanks Steve and Old Un. I appreciate the advice and support. I'm going to take it steady and will definitely look out for some friendly faces to have a chat to. I've been advised to just go from one checkpoint to the next and not think of the miles to come. Sounds good advice and knowing there will be people waiting for me at the end will spur me on.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'