Page 137 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

This evening was wintery on Gt Whernside.

Wink Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    This evening was wintery on Gt Whernside.
    We were on Fleets Moss to Cray yesterday, (recce of the Yorkshire Round route of course) Snowy + hail! But a very nice path that meant no mud at all so all was not lost-unlike me and my friend who ended up flagging a car down and asking for a lift!

I like your style :thumbup: Hope I can find a path. I'm known for getting in up to my neck in bogs

Quote Originally Posted by are we nearly there yet? View Post
    so all was not lost-unlike me and my friend who ended up flagging a car down and asking for a lift!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

So mental note to myself , don't follow he's over fleetmoss !

ha ha...probably best not to

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    So mental note to myself , don't follow he's over fleetmoss !
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Sorry to hear that some of you have aches and pains. I really hope that you're all fit by next Saturday. However... if you do need to pull out I'd like to mention that we still have a waiting list of eager potential entrants. There will be someone keen to take your place, so please do let us know, even if it's quite close to the event. I think there's going to be a posting on the Fellsman site that says when the last time will be that emails will be checked.

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    bloody hell the excuses are starting........... only joking lads sorry to hear some of us arent 100%, ive got an ulcer giving my stomach a run for its money too but will be there even if i have to walk round, which looking at stolly's picture could well be the case in parts. that looked a bit wet and messy stolly thanks for the update :thumbup:going to get the map sorted over weekend i think
    To be honest old un the worst of the fleet moss bogs are avoided by running alongside the southern fence, which with the new middle tongue CP probably makes even more sense than it even did before - I have been through the fleet moss bogs twice though following the Jeffrey Pot line and its a bit like going over the top at the Somme

I reckon the best boggy/wet bits will be the drop down to Flinters Gill from Great Coum, the crossing of the valley from the Craven Way (after the ruined shack) to the Blea Moor trig, probably the drop down through the woods after that, Great Knoutberry as you scoot up and back down from the Artengill Beck cart track, the run down from there to Redshaw, then the following the wall past Snaizeholme until the Ribble Way before Dodd Fell and....... heck its not worth listing any more; suffice to say expect to get wet feet and muddy socks

Enjoying the "Fellsman Banter"..........whilst nervously mulling over all the 1st timer concerns.

Not least the fact that I'm still waiting for delivery of a pair of Speedcross 3's. Delivery promised for Monday, but leaves little time to try them!!!
    Old Wave Harriers completely shot and wouldn't pass inspection!!

Oh well, if i wasn't worrying over this it would be have I got the correct Number of Safety Pins....splints.... tool for removing stones from Horses hoof......

Nah then Steamy .By the sound of it you may be better with wellies! Top prep tho',ordering new shoes a week before race?
    Good luck.
    (Work quiet,i take it?)

Hey up S. Pig, Speedcross 3's should be ok straight out the box, mine were, did a 25 miler for first run in em, Best o luck mate.
    Hills and Guinness!