Page 138 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by dmd View Post
    Sorry to hear that some of you have aches and pains. I really hope that you're all fit by next Saturday. However... if you do need to pull out I'd like to mention that we still have a waiting list of eager potential entrants. There will be someone keen to take your place, so please do let us know, even if it's quite close to the event. I think there's going to be a posting on the Fellsman site that says when the last time will be that emails will be checked.
    Will do. But I'm clinging onto hope that some remarkable recovery will occur. I'm looking forward to it so much that I can't bear to throw in the towel at this point!
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

waiting for my new wave harriers to come and break em in tooi bet theres a few of us first timers starting to get nervous as the week goes on. thanks for info stolly its more than helpfull i'll check them against the 2011 route i got off moorland challenge. i noticed theres acouple of out and backs like gt knoutberry and whernside does this sound right i havent had a proper look yet so dont know any alternatives,if there is any, i sent my mate your picture and also described it as the somme. more rain forcast next week too. would it be worth wearing seal skins or are past that now up there :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    I noticed theres acouple of out and backs like gt knoutberry and whernside does this sound right i havent had a proper look yet so dont know any alternatives,if there is any, i sent my mate your picture and also described it as the somme. more rain forcast next week too. would it be worth wearing seal skins or are past that now up there :thumbup:
    Yeah, there are three places where you cover the same ground twice - the Whernside trig, where you follow the ridge line back beyond where you came up all the way down to something like grid ref 725790 where you cross the wall* to drop into Kingsdale, the top of the climb up Gragareth, where you have to scoot 500 yards or so to the trig CP and back before following the wall to Great Coum, and the up and down of Great Knoutberry, where you follow the Arten Gill cart track to 794862 before hacking off up to the Great Knoutberry trig CP and back. Its really annoying seeing other runners whizzing down from Great Knoutberry while you're staggering up

I wouldn't think sealskin socks are needed unless maybe its absolutely chucking it down on the day

* A temporary ladder is placed over the wall at the right spot, although in 2010 some plonker (sorry Keighley Scouts) had put it in completely the wrong place
    Last edited by Stolly; 21-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Cheers stolly there three I've got and as ever you've been more than heipfull, I'm gona owe you
    A pint at this rate :-) just of to mucky up new shoes that have just arrived .

Unfortunately have just seen the orthopaedic surgeon and he has advised against running for at least 6 weeks, as a result I have to withdraw from this years Fellsman. As you can imagine I'm totally gutted:thunbdown:

Good luck to you all and I'll be thinking of you next saturday, run well, run safe, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by protodoc View Post
    Unfortunately have just seen the orthopaedic surgeon and he has advised against running for at least 6 weeks, as a result I have to withdraw from this years Fellsman. As you can imagine I'm totally gutted:thunbdown:

Good luck to you all and I'll be thinking of you next saturday, run well, run safe, Mark
    Sorry to hear that Mark, I know you were looking forward to the Fellsman . Injuries come and go but the Fellsman will be around for while yet.......we'll join you for next year's! Hope you make a speedy recovery, in the meantime all the best to everyone running it this year.
    ......yes, I know I'm a bit muddy

Sorry to hear that some of you are injured and that you've had to pull out Protodoc. Hope you get better soon.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Finally pulled my head out of the sand and am marking up my maps, studying the route and working out which checkpoints have the best veggie tucker Bought my survival bivvy bag and some replacement plasters for my first aid kit. I actually feel something close to excitement as opposed to complete dread now.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Mark, really sorry you're having to withdraw. Come back strong for next year. Would you consider offering your services as a volunteer instead? I did that in 2010 when I got injured and the memory is etched on my mind. It was a fantastic experience and a real education.

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by protodoc View Post

Thanks for that Nick, I was hoping to follow your lead on this one after failing to spot you on the Howarth Hobble, oh well, maybe next year. I'm still giving a lift to two friends who are still doing it so I'm going to print off the list of numbers and try to mingle at the start and personally wish as many of you well on the day.:thumbup: