Page 14 of 235 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Oh and more importantly who won? Did Mark Hartell make the record?

edit: found he did on Grough Pictures already up as well
    Last edited by AJF; 11-05-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Fleet Moss was surprisingly dry, I was going to go round but I decided to go for it across the moss and it was quite solid and dry really.

I had overheated badly by the time I got to Stonehouse so I slowed the pace down and doused myself in water and tried to re hydrate (think I must have drunk about 10 litres of fluid on Saturday) Felt pretty alright by the time I got to Dodd Fell and took it steady to the finish. About 18 and half hours.

But I was definintely exhausted by the end

had a great day out, thanks to everyone involved in the organisation, did more walking than I'd have expected to but it was pretty hot!
    I've done slightly longer races but nothing with this kind of terrain for as long,
    sorry to be a pest but I've a couple of questions for those that have done this before, did the weather make this harder or easier than usual? as I expect the ground would be a fair bit more boggy usually?
    and how does this compare in terms of toughness to other ultras around the UK?

cheers

Donkarlo
    I am an idiot. The heat must of scrambled my brain. i got to Fleet Moss at 6 not 5, so it probably was me you saw with my feet up.

Well done to everybody that finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab Lee View Post
    had a great day out, thanks to everyone involved in the organisation, did more walking than I'd have expected to but it was pretty hot!
    I've done slightly longer races but nothing with this kind of terrain for as long,
    sorry to be a pest but I've a couple of questions for those that have done this before, did the weather make this harder or easier than usual? as I expect the ground would be a fair bit more boggy usually?
    and how does this compare in terms of toughness to other ultras around the UK?

cheers
    From what I've read it was harder, the heat is always the killer.

How were the directions over Fleet Moss?

[QUOTE=swimmingdunce;129313]Donkarlo
    I am an idiot. The heat must of scrambled my brain. i got to Fleet Moss at 6 not 5, so it probably was me you saw with my feet up.

No probs, it was the comment about you not being able to keep food down that made me think it was you, did you have a t-shirt with an england rose on it ?

cheers IDP, the route was spot on, it was particularly easy going over Fleet moss a lot easier than was expected which was nice,
    this race was so hard but so good at the same
    thanks again for the tips

Fantastic event - extremely well organised - a big thank you to everyone involved. Does anyone have access to results yet? When do they normally appear on the Fellsman site?

Thanks

BG

Cool Re: Fellsman

Took a few days last year.

Does completing a Fellsman give you any idea of how you would fare with a BG round?? A few of us a are thinking of having a go at the BG next year. We finished the Fellsman in about 17hrs. All of us were in reasonable good shape at the end.