Page 152 of 235 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Karen, having seen the picture, please volunteer at base instead and bounce back fit within a few weeks. The camaraderie among the staff and the job satisfaction is as good as running the race. You'll know from my writings in 2010. If you can get yourself to Ingleton to see us off, all the better. There'll be plenty of lift opportunities back to Threshfield afterwards if you need them, either with the organisers or with my friends. Let me know.

Nick.
    I'll second that - I helped out over Saturday night last year in the kitchen and it was really good fun

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Karen, having seen the picture, please volunteer at base instead and bounce back fit within a few weeks. The camaraderie among the staff and the job satisfaction is as good as running the race. You'll know from my writings in 2010. If you can get yourself to Ingleton to see us off, all the better. There'll be plenty of lift opportunities back to Threshfield afterwards if you need them, either with the organisers or with my friends. Let me know.

Nick.
    Karen, Shona is desperate for help in the kitchen, she'd be your friend for life if you could put a few hours in. There are other things you could help out with too.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Latest forecast is heavy rain today and tomorrow, mostly dry on Saturday, then heavy rain again late morning on Sunday.

Is Moses taking part?
    Brilliant , that tickled me :-)

See you there folks. really must finish this time- 3 starts and two dnfs need converting to 4 starts and two dnfs- so very slow and steady for me......

I asked the same question about the Calderdale Hike, but I wonder whether the Fellsman has a different standard...

What do people carry that will satisfy rule 5i "Survival bag. This must have been manufactured for this purpose. SURVIVAL BLANKETS OR SHEETS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED."

Does that mean we have to carry one of those huge orange plastic bags, or is there a far more lightweight alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    I asked the same question about the Calderdale Hike, but I wonder whether the Fellsman has a different standard...

What do people carry that will satisfy rule 5i "Survival bag. This must have been manufactured for this purpose. SURVIVAL BLANKETS OR SHEETS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED."

Does that mean we have to carry one of those huge orange plastic bags, or is there a far more lightweight alternative?
    There is a small foil survival bag - same material as the blankets (packs down to about twice the size of a blanket) that meets their criteria - well it did in 2010.

I think it cost £6 or there abouts.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post

I use this...

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co....eping_bag.html

Quote Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
    That's what I use it passes mm and other scout kit checks and is lightest I've found. Off for final warm down trot with the now sac packed and ready for kitcheckers to spoil all that ocd neat packing ;-) put it on the scales out of intrest and with food water coat and everything it came in at 3.8 kilo is that same sort weight everyone else has or am I carry too many pork pies ?

sounds rather heavy. We get our MM saxks down to under 5kg! That is with tent etc

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    ... sac packed and ready for kitcheckers to spoil all that ocd neat packing ;-) put it on the scales out of intrest and with food water coat and everything it came in at 3.8 kilo is that same sort weight everyone else has or am I carry too many pork pies ?
    I put my stuff into a cardboard box for presenting to the kit checker. Saves rummaging through the sac, dropping and losing things. Then give the box to someone else or bin it.

Hmmm... might take a pork pie to have with my pasta at Stonehouse, they provide cheese but I hate the stuff but pie, pasta and tomato sauce - wow!

And as per previous good ideas, I purchased some ear plugs for Friday night!
    Last edited by RogerM; 26-04-2012 at 06:45 PM.