Page 193 of 235 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    Nah. Shoes 5%; person in 'em 95%.
    Agreed. The fact that you trained hard and gave it a true application of Yorkshire Grit on the day *might* have had something to do with it Hes ....
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

I seem to recall on the 2010 Fellsman being directed by a marshall from the Capplestone Gate checkpoint SE on the path rather than being able to follow the wall round to the SW. I guess there's not loads in it, but the wall option is definitely quicker and easier with a nice little trod at first and then short grass as you head south. It's all access land and the one wall you have to cross is ruined.

Anyone know if it's usually compulsory to follow the path on the event or is the wall option legit?
    Geoff Clarke

Hank, you need to follow the wall SE from Capplestone Gate (keeping the wall on your right) to meet the track near Bycliffe. If you follow the public right of way going SW (throught the gate at the checkpoint) you will be going the wrong way to get to Yarnbury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Breath View Post
    Hank, you need to follow the wall SE from Capplestone Gate (keeping the wall on your right) to meet the track near Bycliffe. If you follow the public right of way going SW (throught the gate at the checkpoint) you will be going the wrong way to get to Yarnbury.
    Thanks, yes, I got east and west mixed up in my post! However, we were instructed by the marshall to follow the path SW and take the long way round. I wouldn't necessarily trust my memory I was pretty knackered by then, but I remember a bloke in our group who was doing his tenth Fellsman was most disgruntled not to be able to follow the wall.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Correct Steamy. Are you having a run out this time?
    I am DT! Don't you fancy it?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Steampig View Post
    I am DT! Don't you fancy it?
    I've entered the event on-line and am looking forward to it greatly :thumbup:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Thanks, yes, I got east and west mixed up in my post! However, we were instructed by the marshall to follow the path SW and take the long way round. I wouldn't necessarily trust my memory I was pretty knackered by then, but I remember a bloke in our group who was doing his tenth Fellsman was most disgruntled not to be able to follow the wall.
    I remember following the wall last year.

Fellsman 2013

I have seen loads of threads on this topic on viewing the forum, but wanted to get one started again on the Fleetmoss, Middle Tongue and Hell Gap route lines and bearings. I'm thinking southern wall along Fleetmoss seems best? Any advice on best bearings to middle tongue checkpoint (new for 2012)? Do you favour staying on the ridge line from about 899818 (Deepdale Haw) not loosing much height and run this to checkpoint 906803.

At this time the bearing to Hell Gap. Any notes on best take on route to Hell Gap, any tracks to follow?? or is this just a straight compass bearing?

First time runner this year and looking for any advice on this bit, the west side to Dent and then to Fleetmoss seems OK and i'm quite happy with, but any experience on above will be great to hear?

Cheers all...

Re: Fellsman 2013 Entries?

Note I got back from Fellsman on three long sleeve tops, question above. The three long sleeve tops are in addition to the waterproof coat.

Re: Fellsman 2013

See posts #1403 and #1404 in the main Fellsman thread in Long Distance Challenges. I'll see if I can find a copy of the gpx track (tomorrow).