Page 202 of 235 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by fellrunner kev View Post
    All - looking for a bit of kit advice/experience?

Backpack for Fellsman - got my North Face Enduro - 8L but this is proving tough to get all the kit in.

Looking at the OMM 12L, or Inov-8 Race Elite 15 - any thoughts?

Cheers
    I've used the OMM 15l (same dsign as the 12, just slightly larger) for a couple of years and reckon it's a great pack. My only gripe is the mesh pockets on the sides can be tricky to get bottles in and out of when the pack's full.

Recently bought a 14l Raidlight pack which has been great so far, better than the OMM I reckon. A bit of extra padding for comfort, more pockets for stashing smaller bits of kit I might want to access frequently and better bottle holding pockets. It's also got a bladder pocket on the exterior, meaning it's much easier to refill the bladder, if you use one.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I've used the OMM 15l (same dsign as the 12, just slightly larger) for a couple of years and reckon it's a great pack. My only gripe is the mesh pockets on the sides can be tricky to get bottles in and out of when the pack's full.

Recently bought a 14l Raidlight pack which has been great so far, better than the OMM I reckon. A bit of extra padding for comfort, more pockets for stashing smaller bits of kit I might want to access frequently and better bottle holding pockets. It's also got a bladder pocket on the exterior, meaning it's much easier to refill the bladder, if you use one.
    That sounds like the Raidlight Endurance. I used mine on the L100 and the "windy" Fellsman last year - big enough to fit everything in but not too big to make you carry too much. I can't think of any faults really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Great stuff - the weather when I was last went for a recce up there in February was brilliant too
    Stolly looks like you were moving a lot faster than us. Have to admit at the speed we were going, descending from Fleet Moss to Deepdale on the road and then up to Middle Tongue looks like it would save significant time in those conditions.

No worries
    James

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    That sounds like the Raidlight Endurance. I used mine on the L100 and the "windy" Fellsman last year - big enough to fit everything in but not too big to make you carry too much. I can't think of any faults really.
    I can't recommend the Raidlight Endurance highly enough. Superb bit of kit and definitely the best rucsac I've used.

Does anyone remember the hilarious musical video of one man's reccy of part of the course, where he jived to an ELO tune? I'd love to watch it again, does anyone have the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Does anyone remember the hilarious musical video of one man's reccy of part of the course, where he jived to an ELO tune? I'd love to watch it again, does anyone have the link?
    Would this be the exploits of Fellsman refered to on page 129 perhaps?

I don't think he is trying the Fellsman again this year; he is attempting to ride the Tour De France route in August ahead of the actual riders
    Last edited by DinoF; 25-03-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Video no longer available
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

The link says the video is now private. The Fellsman's Youtube videos seem to have been culled to make way for his TDF exploits. It's a shame; some of his Ultra Marathon videos were very funny. If anyone knows him (Peter Addison-Child) please could they persuade him to make them available again?
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    The link says the video is now private. The Fellsman's Youtube videos seem to have been culled to make way for his TDF exploits. It's a shame; some of his Ultra Marathon videos were very funny. If anyone knows him (Peter Addison-Child) please could they persuade him to make them available again?
    Boo! I should have checked - sorry!
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota_Crown View Post
    Bugarit. I've entered. Hopefully...!?

Are you allowed to use a GPS gizmo with the route pre-entered into it? again. Or as a proud YorkshireMan, will I get lynched for being an embarrassing Jessie LOL
    Yes you are and yes you will!

TC, I'm ashamed of you. Just wait 'till the Tritalk massive get to hear about this!

Seriously though; you're going to love the Fellsman. I can't guarantee as much fun as we had last year but it's a great course. You don't need a gps trace, most of the route is straightforward. It's worth doing a recce of the 'dark' section (that'll probably be Cray onwards for you) and maybe check out the best route across Fleet Moss as it'll save a lot of time if you get that bit right.