Page 219 of 235 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    NIce write up Stolly- like the profile of the route. The moon was amazing!
    Karen although I didn't realise it was you at the time it was me that 'left you for dust' on the last little climb going up Great Coum. You then proceeded to nail my sorry ass going down the other side of course and soon became a fast dwindling dot on the horizon

Had a great weekend again. Karen - I believe you were "camping" next to me in the school hall!

Enjoyed the write-ups, here's mine - I've 'borrowed' a couple of images for added dramatic effect as the photos I took are corrupted... Hope no-one minds!

Cheers - time to put the marzipan away for another year :sneaky:

Great profile chart Geem .

Oh and an interesting story regarding grouping: I heard this morning that a team was DQ'd over night for not keeping together - when our group reached the Great Whernside CP the chap manning it asked if we were the group who'd been warned about staying together (we weren't). He thought it'd therefore be the next group behind us, about half a mile back, and had clearly been asked over the radio look out for them and check up. Don't know whether the group behind us were the team DQ'd or not but the organisers were clearly on it like a bonnet!

Not sure if any of them are on the forum, but I'd like to say thanks to the group of 6 Dallam AC runners I was grouped with for their great company and for kicking my a*se at Cray when I was ready to retire and then for keeping me going to the finish. I got back in 18:40ish which I could not have imagined at Cray. What a great race this is...
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Great event. My ITB gave me a bit of grief, but apart from that I enjoyed pretty much the whole day. My second Fellsman and I thought, despite the excellent weather, ground conditions were worse than in 2010... lots of energy sapping bogs to savour!

Had the good fortune to get chatting to someone doing their 25th Fellsman after Snaizeholme. Not only was he a top bloke but he took me (and several other lucky runners) on a geat line round the south of Fleet Moss. We ended up in a group of six at Cray and were grouped for the rest of the event. We had a young lad with us who was suffering with his stomach quite a bit, but he dug in and we all stuck together and made it round in good nick. Not sure on exact time. I know there was about 20 minutes from Yarnbury to get in under 16hrs and went as fast as I could, which wasn't very fast at that point. Not sure if I squeeked in or not as the official clock was different to mine and I couldn't remember exacctly what minute we started. Anyway, it's neither here nor there after a day like that!

Good to see Mark L, Mrs S, Protodoc and Martyn and missus. Sounds like you all had a good day.

Thanks as always to the organisers and marshalls for putting on such an enjoyable and challenging event.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    Not sure if any of them are on the forum, but I'd like to say thanks to the group of 6 Dallam AC runners I was grouped with for their great company and for kicking my a*se at Cray when I was ready to retire and then for keeping me going to the finish. I got back in 18:40ish which I could not have imagined at Cray. What a great race this is...
    That was us Simon: they're a cracking bunch at Dallam, me being a southern imposter though a member too. Fellsman is a great event and abusive encouragement is all part of the service!! Good to run with you again - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Great event. My ITB gave me a bit of grief, but apart from that I enjoyed pretty much the whole day. My second Fellsman and I thought, despite the excellent weather, ground conditions were worse than in 2010... lots of energy sapping bogs to savour!

Had the good fortune to get chatting to someone doing their 25th Fellsman after Snaizeholme. Not only was he a top bloke but he took me (and several other lucky runners) on a geat line round the south of Fleet Moss. We ended up in a group of six at Cray and were grouped for the rest of the event. We had a young lad with us who was suffering with his stomach quite a bit, but he dug in and we all stuck together and made it round in good nick. Not sure on exact time. I know there was about 20 minutes from Yarnbury to get in under 16hrs and went as fast as I could, which wasn't very fast at that point. Not sure if I squeeked in or not as the official clock was different to mine and I couldn't remember exacctly what minute we started. Anyway, it's neither here nor there after a day like that!

Good to see Mark L, Mrs S, Protodoc and Martyn and missus. Sounds like you all had a good day.

Thanks as always to the organisers and marshalls for putting on such an enjoyable and challenging event.
    Wow cracking time Geoff, very well done. Glad you enjoyed it and good to see you as always.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

Stolly- sorry not to really meet you as I see your posts on here lots. I had a very bad patch from mid way up Gragareth to mid way up Great Coum- legs went to jelly, stomach ache, felt feeble and tearful! Strong words to self to man the F up etc and work on hauling in the guys in front. Flew down to Dent with Jon S and flet a bit better with some real food inside me.

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Stolly- sorry not to really meet you as I see your posts on here lots. I had a very bad patch from mid way up Gragareth to mid way up Great Coum- legs went to jelly, stomach ache, felt feeble and tearful! Strong words to self to man the F up etc and work on hauling in the guys in front. Flew down to Dent with Jon S and flet a bit better with some real food inside me.

Had a bit of hard time on my first Fellsman - started strong, full of energy and feeling good for 17 miles then.. pulled up going down from Great Coum to Flinters Gill with the re appearance of a right knee issue that stopped me running! Hobbled in to Dent after loads of runners flying past me (Stolly - I recognized you as one of them) and decided to just get my head down and walk strong to finish.

Got in after about 18hrs 40! Not what was planned but an unforgettable and invaluable experience!

What an event - massive well done and thanks to at the Fellsman - Thank you!

well done for keeping going and finishing Kev 8-)

I loved it.

Two huge achievements for me in 6 days, wow, life is good. first ever sub 3 at VLM and then a FellsMan Finisher (and in a decent time I'm well happy with in the circumstances ~13 and a half hours)

As a newbie, how long does it take for the results to come out usually?
    Last edited by Toyota_Crown; 29-04-2013 at 08:20 PM.