Page 227 of 235 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by mike1967 View Post
    Hmm...just did the first section to Dent...that's tough!
    The worst of the climbing is over by then! OK it can be a bit of a drag out of Dent on a full stomach but nothing too severe.

Hurrah, number 61 this year
    Third time lucky, this time it's going to happen! Weather or injuries be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by thedatastream View Post
    Third time lucky, this time it's going to happen! Weather or injuries be damned!
    Be careful what you wish for... I said the same on my third go. Wasn't going to finish for some pretty nasty blisters at Dent... The shin splints over Fleet Moss should have got me to drop out at the next roadside... In the end I finished but couldn't train for months!

Don't you spoil my optimism!

Saw a bloke running up Win Hill last night who said he was training for the Fellsman.
    I fancy it in a couple of years, looks like a great run! Good luck everyone doing it
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Think I'll be looking forward to a full stomach by Dent!
    Got the Lakes 42 to get through first

For those who haven't seen this on Facebook...

Handbook Gremlins Strike Again...
    With just under 5 weeks to go, we have discovered a couple of handbook glitches. Whilst we make every effort to ensure all the information in the handbook is correct, mistakes are inevitable. We really thought we had it pinned this year, but it would appear not. So, to clarify a few points...
    The start time is 8.30am. Yes, it does say 9am at the top of page 27, but this an oversight – all other references say 8.30am. We apologise for missing one, and any confusion this may have caused.
    Grid references for Hells Gap and Middle Tongue. As several of you have pointed out, the ones in the main checkpoint list on page 29 of the handbook are indeed incorrect. The correct ones are on the Fellsman map, and in the 'Points to Observe on Route' section on page 31 of the handbook. These are – Hells Gap 936818 and Middle Tongue 906803.
    Fortunately they seem to be the only areas the Gremlins have got to. So, if you are reading this and have friends who are also doing the event, please spread the word.
    If you are reading this and wondering whether to enter – Just Do It! We have a few places left, and the unfortunate but predictable trickle of injuy-based withdrawals has begun, and we'd love nothing better than to start the event with a full field.
    Finally, a few of us were up in the Dales visiting some of the farmers this weekend, and whilst cold, the views were stunning. There's a little snow on the higher ground, but nothing major, and what's there will not last long. The ground is currently very soft, fingers crossed it dries out a bit in the next few weeks...

Cheers for that pilgrim. I have also emailed the organisers about the cut off times for grouping as they differ between the handbook and the website - no response yet

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Cheers for that pilgrim. I have also emailed the organisers about the cut off times for grouping as they differ between the handbook and the website - no response yet
    From the Fellsman web site:

Finally, for those of you wondering about the grouping and/or chop times, the information given in the handbook is indeed correct, and the website has been amended. The grouping times are the same as last year, as these are daylight dependent, and the chop times have been brought forward 30 minutes in line with the earlier start time.

Thank you dmd, much appreciated!
    Al McKeown