Page 228 of 235 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Hi - I've just entered (having only just found out that i'm not working that weekend). It'll be my 5th trek round.....just noticed on the fellsman website that it says "new start time of 08:30" - so....what time has it previously started? 9am? - i only ask as i'm womdering what time i'll be donning the headtorch later in the day.....traditionall for me that'll be Cray but i did make it to Park Rash one yr - I'd be a happy bunny if i got there again in the light!

cheers - Mark...

Yes Mark, it always started at 9am up to last year, but because of the April instead of May date for past few years the grouping times have been brought forward half an hour. Last year there was a bit of confusion or because of the good light, some grouping times were relaxed back to the original.

I'd be a very happy bunny if I could get through Fleet Moss before grouping. I just missed it last year, after which point the enforced slowdown began.

Let's hope for something a little less frigid this year with the weather. See you there.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Yes Mark, it always started at 9am up to last year, but because of the April instead of May date for past few years the grouping times have been brought forward half an hour. Last year there was a bit of confusion or because of the good light, some grouping times were relaxed back to the original.

I'd be a very happy bunny if I could get through Fleet Moss before grouping. I just missed it last year, after which point the enforced slowdown began.

Let's hope for something a little less frigid this year with the weather. See you there.
    Cheers Nick for the explanation in a nutshell

I'm only 40mins from Threshfield from my house but will be stopping over for the full Fellsman "experience".....burping, farting, snoring etc....the company is good though ;-)

Mark

We can luxuriate in a big sports hall now. Plenty of room for everything to dissipate so no worries, no Quartermaster to worry about, pit ready to fall into on Sunday morning (that is if you slept there on Friday night)

Time was in years gone by when the Fellsman started at midday. That's three and a half hours less daylight than this year.

The new start time is to minimise congestion on Whernside as the Three Peaks race is on the same day.

The Fellsman has kind of just jumped out on me, having been in London the weekend before last for the marathon and, following a last minute exchange of contracts, subsequently upped sticks and moved house lock, stock and barrel. Hopefully I will be able to root around for all my gear in the as yet unpacked boxes, get to the shops to buy some vaseline, headtorch batteries and emergency food marzipan and get to Threshfield ready to rumble before 5:30am on Saturday.

The running bit should be easy......

Any idea if my fully charged Hope R4 light will be accepted as all I need or will I have to carry another "spare" light? I hope it will as 16hrs of battery time must be enough! It's heavy but work the extra candlepower I think.

Quote Originally Posted by slats View Post
    Any idea if my fully charged Hope R4 light will be accepted as all I need or will I have to carry another "spare" light? I hope it will as 16hrs of battery time must be enough! It's heavy but work the extra candlepower I think.
    It will probaly be fine - but they are very stringent with the kit check and if it lists 2 torches or spare batteries you will need to have them as you will probably not pass the kit check otherwise. Just try to stick to the letter and you will be ok - even if it involves carrying stuff you dont use

Rumor has it that one year someone didn't pass becasue they didn't have enough tread on their shoes
    Although that may be complete tussocks.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 24-04-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Cheers Sasquatch, I've checked my shoe tread and I think I'm ok ;-)
    6 Mars bars worth of emergency food too - I could live for a few days on that!!!

3x100g of milk choc bars..just have to try not to eat it
    now do I do the communal sleeping thing or have an early start on sat...