Page 232 of 235 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

My advice run as fast as you can for as long as you can then try and hang on for the last 55 miles!

Well that's what I did last year and it seemed to work okay?

One of the most satisfying races I have done. Try and get the nighttime grouping up sorted. We were held at Cray for about 3/4hr. Many people were in 'friendship groups' as they arrived and didn't seem to want anyone joining them. Ask people around you if you can form a group as dusk and the grouping checkpoint arrives.
    Top advice is don't try and drive home (even just to Otley) staight after the event. Jim was distincly not happy with my sleepdriving. Stupid mistake.

Don't know how quick you are but for me it works to aim for Dent in about 4.5 hrs and to leave Fleet Moss well before dark. Agree with grouping plans as above: start thinking from 5 ish whether those you're running near might be good to group with. And at the big checkpoints, eat well but don't stop too long

I've found it doesn't matter how fast or slow you run, you always end up being grouped with Knightrunner.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    I've found it doesn't matter how fast or slow you run, you always end up being grouped with Knightrunner.
    So now I feel responsible for your Fellsman performances, for which I can only apologise. How does it go ... 'without me you'd be one place nearer the back' (credit Bob W, I think)

what sort of numbers do they put into the groups?

4 isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    One of the most satisfying races I have done. Try and get the nighttime grouping up sorted. We were held at Cray for about 3/4hr. Many people were in 'friendship groups' as they arrived and didn't seem to want anyone joining them. Ask people around you if you can form a group as dusk and the grouping checkpoint arrives.
    Top advice is don't try and drive home (even just to Otley) staight after the event. Jim was distincly not happy with my sleepdriving. Stupid mistake.
    Can friendship groups (of 4+) refuse to have someone/a pair join, thus leaving you to wait for the next group?

Dr Patrick Barry, min group size is 4.if one-off group later stops you will need to regroup to be at least 4. I have had a group of 6.
    Best is to find a steady pace and decide who you want to be with sometime after Stonehouse or Great Knoutberry. Then arrive at a CO. And do a quick exit before you have others added to your group.
    I have been very lucky and have really only had great groups, the awful year when they stopped the race ( about the time we actually finished) was a bit of an exception as the conditions, wind blindnessetc made the groups very difficult

Ive had my eyes on this race for years and finally it has coincided with my shift rota so I can come out to play
    A little nervous about being grouped but beyond that I am really looking forwards to the experience as I have heard nothing but good things for years.
    Dan Milton