Page 31 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

I was reading my handbook last night and I wondered should we have a forum team ? You only have to enter your team on the morning of the race and then you are eligible for the team trophy. Anybody any thoughts ? And a team name ? Just a thought

Also what's your numbers ? I am running as 123 would be good to meet a few other faces at the start for a brew.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Donkarlo View Post
    I was reading my handbook last night and I wondered should we have a forum team ? You only have to enter your team on the morning of the race and then you are eligible for the team trophy. Anybody any thoughts ? And a team name ? Just a thought

Also what's your numbers ? I am running as 123 would be good to meet a few other faces at the start for a brew.
    I like idea of a forum team although I'd be about 4th reserve for the C team I think

I'm race no 178 btw

Quote Originally Posted by Donkarlo View Post

I'm game - I don't know whether I'll be too fast or slow for you though

I don't think you need to run together, your finishing times just count towards the trophy, it'll probably be won my macclesfield harriers as previous years or team vasque but its only a bit of fun, maybe if we get everyone together at the start we can put a couple or three teams together of similar ability. I am aiming for sub 15hrs this year hopefully.

Is everyone going to Threshfield first and having the breakfast? Originally I didn't intend to, living so near to Ingleton, but now I'm thinking I will. Getting my wife to pick me up from Threshfield could've been a problem anyway, as I will have inevitably 'wasted another damn weekend' running the fellsman , so driving there will give me the necessary transportation home.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I like idea of a forum team although I'd be about 4th reserve for the C team I think

I'm race no 178 btw
    Me too, think i'm going to struggle to keep up with my partner, let alone anyone else
    Race no 154
    Camping at Threshfield and getting a lift over in the morning
    Hills and Guinness!

Super Moderator

Are you running with Mrs C merry? You two and Stolly could make perhaps up a Fell Pony team

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Are you running with Mrs C merry? You two and Stolly could make perhaps up a Fell Pony team
    That i am DT, Fell Pony team sounds good, i'll be the back end of the pantomime pony
    Hills and Guinness!

kit question. ive read the official info and obviously comply. im interested in what previous runners have carried, for example, how much extra food, above the emergency rations, how many tops etc. any advice would be much appreciated. dave

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    kit question. ive read the official info and obviously comply. im interested in what previous runners have carried, for example, how much extra food, above the emergency rations, how many tops etc. any advice would be much appreciated. dave
    took a few gels and an energy bar as extras + some powdered energy drinks Inc one with caffiene for night section.

tops- vest, base layer and V thin fleece, waterproof and some times a windproof.