Page 4 of 235 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Report of Fellsman now online at www.grough.co.uk, along with a few pics

Quote Originally Posted by grough editor View Post
    Report of Fellsman now online at www.grough.co.uk, along with a few pics
    Good article, can't wait for the pictures.

Any ideas when results will be out.

Grough,

Let me add my sincere thanks to you and the rest of the team for doing such a fantastic job at the Fellsman. I really felt for the marshals at Buckden Pike and Gt Whernside - that must be a tough job.

The whole event is an example of organisational excellence - you should be very proud of what you achieve!!

I had a great day on the hills and despite a few navigational howlers, even managed achieve my ambition of getting back to Threshfield on the same day I started (with 1.5 mins to spare) - now I have to try and achieve the next Bingley Harriers target of making last orders at the pub!!

N&G

excellent article.

First time for me this year and I absolutely loved it. Thank you to everyone involved - organisation, checkpoints and food (especially the mango salsa!)were all amazing.

I'm going to find it very difficult not to do this event next year, probably because I'm sure I could go faster.

As an unwilling checkpointer ( I would much rather of been doing the event ) I can only admire the endurance and tenacity of you competitors . I was at Cray from 1600 Sat -0400 Sun and to see some of you setting off into some truly horrible conditions up Buckden Pike was amazing . Well done to N & G -a great effort

Cheers Duracell - you're my Fellsman hero - I can only dream of getting round as fast as you. Thanks again to you and all the others for marshalling - without you guys we have no event!!

Duracell, when do you hope to be racing again???

Hope to start running again in about a week and racing when I get a bit thinner

will kepep fingers crossed that your marshelling days are on the decline again - racing fatter just means you don't need to carry as much food with you...

We're continuing to post new pics on the photo album on the website, so keep checking out www.grough.co.uk. It's quite a time-consuming task uploading them all, so please bear with us.
    Hope all your aches and pains are subsiding and you're getting that warm retrospective glow from taking part.
    A little birdy tells me Mark Hartell jumped straight in his car after the race and headed north for a spot of Munro bagging.
    I can only admire!