Page 79 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman 2010

Quote Originally Posted by crowhill View Post
    Congratulations on running this epic and glad that the men in white made it a memorable day for you...
    Thanks very much. Finding out the result gave me a timely pyschological boost.

Has anybody seen any results online yet?

Master

Just the Grough article that lists first 3 and last 2 places!
    http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/201...sman-challenge

Master

My photos are here.

Master

Re: Fellsman 2010 Pictures

I have only just come back down to earth after finishing this event and can now reach the keyboard! It was fantastic-I kept expecting to feel like giving up but I never once worried i wouldn't finish it-despite some spectacular ninja style falls! It was hard, yes, but having points to aim for every so often(especially the ones with food!) kept me going. I have to say a huge thanks to Stolly for getting me round - without his navigational skills and pacing I'd never have done it. Plus, those werewolves on Buckden Pike could have snatched me away and no one would have seen! Particular highlights were learning of the Leeds results at one checkpoint, which like Muddy Retriever, gave me a real boost! Then, the "disco tent" "Dude looks like a lady" will always remind me of playing air guitar at some ridiculous hour in the morning in the middle of nowhere! Stolly's hat was also great fun to follow-with his mug jingling like a cow bell and the 2 plaits from his hat I often thought I was with Heidi! When he lost his compass, I actually felt I was contributing to the "team effort" with mine. Alas, it had stuck fast with dried banana and he couldn't turn it! (it was not an Aldi special honestly!) Ingleborough's looming mass will forever haunt me-however much we ran it was always "just over there", like we'd come no distance at all! And the fabulous Ritchie (67)and Alan who we grouped with were also great.
    Best marshalls ever met -in fact, it makes me want to help out next year 'cos I certainly will not be doing it again!
    All in all fabuloso!! And my picture is on the grough write up and I don't seem to have been stretched width ways! Hurrah!

Well done all you participants. I'm so jealous. I hope I will return one day. In the meantime I really enjoyed life 'on the other side'. Report with pictures are here.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Well done all you participants. I'm so jealous. I hope I will return one day. In the meantime I really enjoyed life 'on the other side'. Report with pictures are here.
    Yes, well done to all, and a big well done to Duncan Harris, doesn't even look tired at the finish! You'll be back Nick, best wishes
    Can't believe that Stolly's mate Rachel won't do it again, looks like she loved every minute of it, you won't find any pics of me waving me hands about and grinning like a happy person from last year.
    Great character

Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
    Has anybody seen any results online yet?
    Website says results up this evening hopefully.

I orienteered last night with seemingly no ill effects from the weekend. I'd like to run it again next year to improve my time and as a final BGR training "big day", but it's my best friend's wedding on 7th May, so I'm guessing there's a clash there... and as best man I don't suppose I've got a lot of choice with that one!
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Website says results up this evening hopefully.

I orienteered last night with seemingly no ill effects from the weekend. I'd like to run it again next year to improve my time and as a final BGR training "big day", but it's my best friend's wedding on 7th May, so I'm guessing there's a clash there... and as best man I don't suppose I've got a lot of choice with that one!
    Arrange for a couple of bottles of beer at each road CP. sounds like a perfect stag do...