Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinder Trial

Kinder Trial

Are the courses the same every year, or do they change? I'm assuming the courses are always different, but just in case I need to talk to people about best routes I thought I'd ask. Anything else useful to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    Are the courses the same every year, or do they change? I'm assuming the courses are always different, but just in case I need to talk to people about best routes I thought I'd ask. Anything else useful to know?
    Different each year but usually in the same area around Kinder reservoir.

Cracking little event. See you there! I'm hoping I get back in time for some buns this year - (but don't feel guilty Geoff!)

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Cracking little event. See you there! I'm hoping I get back in time for some buns this year - (but don't feel guilty Geoff!)
    Me, feel guilty about eating buns? Never! So which socks will you be wearing? (Just so I can recognise you).

Depends on whether I can sort out the avatar stuff!!!

Hi All,

I've signed up for this one.

Entry (race?) number 23.

Start time 10:17
    Finish Time, who knows?

Well, another crop of entries today at Tunstead Clough; really nice to see forumites & the usual suspects on the growing entry list.

As for the location & route choices? Yes, the course will be different; and as in previous years, mostly visiting Kinder & her surrounds.... perhaps even some places unknown to even the most dedicated Kinder’phile, hopefully some of which will pose a challenge in discovery, maybe some which might not be found on the day or ever again.... mostly the aim is for it to be low key, fun and rewarding..... with plenty of banter at the finish in the friendly fug of the Scout Hut.

And the weather may well play it's usual trick for the season, let's hope so!

This year the Kinder Trial will be a little bit longer, to suit the new format of the Hayfield Champs, more info on this and those others which comprise the Hayfield Fell Running Championship to be found at www.cs.man.ac.uk/~temples/hc/

PS Tried to paste in some photo's to add to the confusion on location, but can't quite get the jist of how to do it yet!! Or maybe I have?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Luv Shack gave me a start time of 10:00:00, and I thought to myself "What have I done to deserve this - no-one to follow". Then I realised that it will enable me to have a clear route to all of the controls without any distraction as I race round ahead of everyone else. Thanks Luv Shack.

Actually the visibility will be so poor that finding any of the controls will be a miracle. Either that, or there will be six inches of snow and clear blue skies so that everyone can see everyone else and the whole route becomes a procession!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Luv Shack gave me a start time of 10:00:00, and I thought to myself "What have I done to deserve this - no-one to follow". Then I realised that it will enable me to have a clear route to all of the controls without any distraction as I race round ahead of everyone else. Thanks Luv Shack.
    Marvin, more than happy to alter your start time????? but can't help too much with finish times!

I can handle the pressure, but thanks for the offer.

WRT finish times, I must remember that faster doesn't always mean an earlier finish!!
    Last edited by Marvin; 03-01-2007 at 10:12 PM.