Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Roberts Fell Race

Re: Ian Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Apologies to Helen Lambert (CVFR) who was the rightful winner of the LV40 prize. You should find a prize making its way towards you at some point - something to look forward to...
    ooh, thats me, thankyou Great race but those tussocks at the end were bloomin awful. Was going quite well for me up to that point then it all went horribly wrong.

FB - Good to see you in your new stripey vest. how about an uphill only race next time

Quote Originally Posted by Tea & cake View Post
    ooh, thats me, thankyou Great race but those tussocks at the end were bloomin awful. Was going quite well for me up to that point then it all went horribly wrong.

FB - Good to see you in your new stripey vest. how about an uphill only race next time
    TC, Uphill through some tussocks?
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightless Bird View Post
    TC, Uphill through some tussocks?
    No tussocks, just a lurvely big climb

I'm with you TC, those tussocks seperate the men from the boys so to speak, and in fell running terms, I'm clearly still a boy!! Glass ankles and no descending skills - I dropped a good 10 places on the last mile

Still good race - I was a bit frustrated with myself... I spent as much time flat on my face as I did on my feet, but I guess that's part of the fun.

Also, apologies to whoever was behind me about a mile and a half in who I managed to take down with me on my first fall on relatively flat ground!

Happy days.

I'm just putting the finishing touches to a well-crafted race report for the Huddersfield Examiner.

If anyone has any photos of the leading runners that they are willing to let the Examiner use free of charge (those last three words are crucial) in return for a byline, please let me know ASAP.

I do have a few pix from Compo, but he managed to miss the winners...

Banned

Re: Ian Roberts fell race

Anyone doing this?

I'm planning on having another go. Is the route the same as last year, or have the reverted back to previous route?
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

The course map and instructions are on the Holmfirth Harriers web site, looks to be the same as last year.

Love this one. Loads of mud etc etc. Deffo be there!

For those of you who ran this last year, you'll be pleased to know that the course is the same - the tussocks are here to stay! All information to be found on our website at http://www.holmfirthharriers.com/eve...erts_2011.html
    It's a bargain at £4 to enter & there'll be plenty of food & cakes afterwards. Bring your waterproofs, as the forecast is a bit iffy at the moment.
    Can we just ask that after the race, everyone takes off muddy shoes before going into the cricket club - we had a few problems last year & don't want to jeopardise future races.
    Hope to see plenty of you there.
    Phil