Page 419 of 422 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4217

Thread: 8th annual XOTF

I really wanted to come this year Finally doing some running after almost 3 years of very little running... Sadly it's the only weekend I can fit some other stuff in. BOOOO !

I'm not currently planning on going up due to the thread being very quiet, the usual suspects are all absent.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

It's sad we don't do this any more. Looking back it seems about 2/3 to 3/4 of the xotf regulars don't post on the forum any longer, that and steve's injury look to have nailed the coffin shut on this. I was thinking today what could we do to restart xotf; i think going to one of the farthest corners of the country at the busiest time of year is potentially prohibitive, and the itinerary is now more commitment based than the first one in 2007. For next year, and this is only a suggestion out of desperation more than anything, we could consider a facelift. Change the venue to Addingham or Grassington, meet for a run then start with a pint in a pub- no bookings, no commitments, keep it as informal as possible, eat at a chippy or wherever? go to Buffers for a tea then go home? Just something more central and more simple, unless the regulars come home to roost in which case it'll probably spark back into life again. Thoughts? Insults? Who TF do i think i am- the fairy godmother?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Super Moderator
    I share your sadness Mr B
    Poacher turned game-keeper

And me... Although Lyme disease and a cancerous mother don't help... Could possibly have made this year but as last year was a wash out, I didn't even think about it...

Pat and I went to Keswick that weekend. We stayed in the Derwentwater and went up Catbells etc on Friday and up and around Blencathra on Saturday. Lots of evidence of flood damage and we had to cut Saturdays run short due to high winds but I quite like the idea of the last weekend before Christmas in the Lakes and will probably do it again this year, XOTF or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Pat and I went to Keswick that weekend. We stayed in the Derwentwater and went up Catbells etc on Friday and up and around Blencathra on Saturday. Lots of evidence of flood damage and we had to cut Saturdays run short due to high winds but I quite like the idea of the last weekend before Christmas in the Lakes and will probably do it again this year, XOTF or not.
    Me and Martin (amex's Mate)were booked in Skiddaw hotel Fri Sat we had also booked the party night, Friday-- but then I went and broke my radius on Pendle the Sunday before------------

To me XOTF is never going to be off or stopped or finished or at it's end just some times some people go sometimes they don't never any pressure to attend the only rule we had was you must have fun.

Glad you had a good weekend look forward to seeing you later this year more than likely in December in Keswick
    Going to try again....

Folks
    Just in case you're fell purists & don't venture in the other races thread- Amex is walking from lands end to john o groats this summer and would like you to join him as he's passing through the Yorkshire dales on Sat 11th August. Come & join us, it would be great to have a summer edition of Xotf.
    Will send links later to enter/more info or you can Google "walking4cf"
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Folks
    Just in case you're fell purists & don't venture in the other races thread- Amex is walking from lands end to john o groats this summer and would like you to join him as he's passing through the Yorkshire dales on Sat 11th August. Come & join us, it would be great to have a summer edition of Xotf.
    Will send links later to enter/more info or you can Google "walking4cf"
    Cheers
    Do you know Peak dates and I'll try and catch up

Hi Manhar, if you can keep me posted of when he reaches Northumberland, I'll try and meet him.