Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Banned
    Just wish my divorce was sorted and I. Could start the new year with a fresh slate.

Bloody hard work and plays on my mind constantly.

Be a relief at when it's over.

I can start to rebuild my family life with my boys and new girlfriend.

My second psych assessment appointment (we didn't get through all the questions in the first appointment at the start of December) was cancelled 30 minutes before it was due to start, due to sudden illness, so it's been put back another two weeks.

Not complaining. It's no-one's fault. Just wanted to tell someone.

Banned
    I understand Leaf and you have done the right thing.

Just posting on here is minor to some but massive in our heads.

Are you looking forward to your next session?

No. Not at all. I found the first one quite draining.

My greatest concern is that, after all the assessment questions, they'll say they can't offer any help. I know the NHS budget is extremely stretched and could probably be MUCH better spent than on people such as me, but I fear for the future if I'm left to try to sort myself out unaided.

How are you doing, Stagger?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    I know the NHS budget is extremely stretched and could probably be MUCH better spent than on people such as me, but I fear for the future if I'm left to try to sort myself out unaided.
    That is just not true, your need is just as great as the next person although it may not seem it to you right now.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Banned
    I'm plodding along day to day.

I found the sessions tough and emotional.

As big fella said you are very important and deserve the treatment to get you better.

Keep your dialogue going on here, it's always nice to know your not alone.

Thinking about you Leaf��

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    No. Not at all. I found the first one quite draining.

My greatest concern is that, after all the assessment questions, they'll say they can't offer any help. I know the NHS budget is extremely stretched and could probably be MUCH better spent than on people such as me, but I fear for the future if I'm left to try to sort myself out unaided.

How are you doing, Stagger?
    The NHS tend towards quickly putting you on drugs, or so i'm told. I daren't approach them because i don't know whether they'll have my best interests at heart, they are an organisation now doing things from a financial perspective not a care perspective.

It's a rough and lonely path trying to sort yourself out unaided though. Since re-injuring myself a week ago i've been in a lot of shit, i hate myself so completely for being reckless and all the coping strategies i have are powerless. The problem is that little things open the door to bigger, nastier things, and before you know it you simply can't face it any longer; before you know it you are fighting for a reason to stay alive. Going it alone has you reliant on favours a lot, which you don't necessarily feel you deserve depending upon how the problem is manipulating you.

You're probably better off with the NHS for now, insist on a talking therapy of some sort, try and be firm and see where it gets you.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Mr Brightside - I'm so sorry to hear that you're injured again and feeling so awful. I'm also sorry that I cannot find any Helpful, Uplifting and Encouraging words to cheer you - I really wish I could. All I can offer you at the moment is compassion.

Don't give up.

Further to my earlier post about whether I can justify the cost to the NHS in treating me: whilst I appreciate the kind comments that I AM worth helping, it's still a serious point that I'm struggling with. Surely, with a very limited budget, the NHS would do better to treat mothers / fathers whose children rely on them than single, childless people? Selfishly, I'd like to think I've got this wrong and that my life is just as valuable, but as much as I think about it, I can't see it.

So are people here just being kind (thank you), or is there really a reason to consider my life (and the lives of other single people with no dependants) as equally worth trying to help?

A further thought for Mr Brightside - I think drugs can really help some people. In case you're one such person, wouldn't it be worth trying?