Page 339 of 457 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 4563

Thread: Today's Wildlife Encounter

Which reminds me. I was out running with Mrs Noel on Sunday and she said "this is where I sometimes see a goldcrest in this holly bush". So I looked left and there was a goldcrest - amazing!

I wonder if it's tweeting had subconsciously reminded her.

On a nav course over the weekend and explaining to these city folk how beautiful they were at this time of year. I told them we were on abit of moor that you regularly see Hares but the weather was aweful, gales and driving rain, Its a pity I said, they will be hunkered down hidden in a dip and they won't move unless you are literally on top of them, so walking and pacing on a bearing we went when there was a squeal from behind me. some how I had stepped over one but my client then stepped on it!

he was made up and couldn't stop talking about it for the rest of the course. hare was un harmed and shot off at a great rate of knots..

Super Moderator
    Geoff, we were in Devon at the weekend and I heard several singing mistle thrush

A nice polecat yesterday.

Banned
    Red kite circling as I pegged the washing out. I just admired the size and control of the it😊

Earlier this week I got off the train the stop before Birmingham New Street, and took a slightly longer walk to the office, through the delightful inner-city area of Adderley Park.

Not expecting to see much in the way of wildlife, I was absolutely astounded to see a huge black bird circling in the wind, above the huge recycling plant you can see on the train into Birmingham from London/Mkeynes/Cov... No doubt attracted by the smell and the massive amounts of litter on offer...

When I got nearer, I even got my phone out to take a picture, so my mum (an avid bird-watcher) could identify it, as it was bigger than anything i'd ever seen in this country, i'd estimate over 5ft wingspan.

All this in full view of the security guard in his gate-house.

Around this time I noticed it was a 'dummy' inflatable bird on a line, no doubt to scare the local pigeon population away from the plant.

I made a quick exit and deleted the photo from my phone.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Red kite circling as I pegged the washing out. I just admired the size and control of the it😊
    The kite, or your washing Trev?

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Earlier this week I got off the train the stop before Birmingham New Street, and took a slightly longer walk to the office, through the delightful inner-city area of Adderley Park.

Not expecting to see much in the way of wildlife, I was absolutely astounded to see a huge black bird circling in the wind, above the huge recycling plant you can see on the train into Birmingham from London/Mkeynes/Cov... No doubt attracted by the smell and the massive amounts of litter on offer...

When I got nearer, I even got my phone out to take a picture, so my mum (an avid bird-watcher) could identify it, as it was bigger than anything i'd ever seen in this country, i'd estimate over 5ft wingspan.

All this in full view of the security guard in his gate-house.

Around this time I noticed it was a 'dummy' inflatable bird on a line, no doubt to scare the local pigeon population away from the plant.

I made a quick exit and deleted the photo from my phone.
    That has made me laugh so much. Brilliant hahahahahahahahaha

Short-eared owl - I think. I startled it up from the heather while I was running off the back of Shutlingsloe in today's light snow.

Super Moderator
    Sounds likely Noel