Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2018

I reckon Sky will have been number crunching all the data and know that GT is in form, possibly better than Froome.
    They play it down knowing every team is watching and waiting for Froome to make a move and GT gets the jump on them all.
    Sky tactics again!
    Point out I know sod all about cycling, but enjoying this and ever so slightly biased towards Wales!

A very interesting conversation with Bradley Wiggins, if you take what he has said at face value it will be interesting when all the facts are revealed. This was on the Tdf program this pm..
    Last edited by creaky; 21-07-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Master
    Please expand!

Banned
    How is it all the pro's know when a break will succeed?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    How is it all the pro's know when a break will succeed?
    Its in the script, or should that be team breifings

Quote Originally Posted by creaky View Post
    A very interesting conversation with Bradley Wiggins, if you take what he has said at face value it will be interesting when all the facts are revealed. This was on the Tdf program this pm..
    I wholeheartedly agree with that
    The older I get the Faster I was

Banned
    Whats the script for Sky? Who wins.
    More importantly which rider moves on at the end of the season?

Super Moderator

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Have to agree with your sentiment DT.
    I guess Froome is just hoping that G blows up at some point in the next 3 mountain stages. Tomorrow or Friday look the most likely though who know what will happen with the experimental 65km "sprint" stage on Wednesday. Not sure how Sky will play this but it at least would absolve the DS of any decision if they just let them play it out on the road. I for one really hope G comes through and stays in yellow to Paris.

All G needs to do is sit on Dumoulin's wheel - TD has already shown the intent of not letting Froome gain any time, presumably with a view to keeping him in touching distance for the TT.
    Both Sky riders are of course down a domestique now that Gianni Moscon has been thrown off the race - not sure what if any effect that will have as it really is down to others to attack.

Anyone know what if anything is happening with Col D'Aubisque? Pictures I've seen on Twitter show a load of road missing due to landslides.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Now why would Froome be bothered about winning five Tours - apart from putting him alongside the greatest ever Tour riders: Anquetil, Merckx, Hinault and Indurain, and who hears of them nowadays, except when the last three appear on our TV screens, and what if five Tour wins would make Froome immortal - immortality doesn't last forever does it?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Now why would Froome be bothered about winning five Tours - apart from putting him alongside the greatest ever Tour riders: Anquetil, Merckx, Hinault and Indurain, and who hears of them nowadays, except when the last three appear on our TV screens, and what if five Tour wins would make Froome immortal - immortality doesn't last forever does it?
    I'm reminded of Ben Johnson when asked what meant most to him - the world record or the gold medal? "A gold medal -- that's something no one can take away from you."