Page 410 of 422 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4217

Thread: 8th annual XOTF

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    If you need to borrow a CX bike I can inflate my tyres to a more suitable pressure & raise my post(!) and offer you my 3pcx whopping machine as your deep carbon sexy watnots may not cut it this weekend. Let me know if you need to use it - I will be exhausted after Thursday so will be unable to ride any further so you are free to ride it as hard as you like.
    Ady I did not understand a word of that if you turn out of your office walk down to mine you can tell me in English, hopefully before your 11am
    Going to try again....

OK, I had a look at a bike route and we can do part of the classic Borrowdale MTB round. It goes out of Keswick on the road then singletrack road to Watendlath, where we will meet the runners I reckon? After mincing pies and wine, we have a short push, then a nice descent into Rothswaite, bit on the road to Grange, pick up another bridleway, then road back to Keswick. When I first rode this, I felt it had far too much road, but will do nicely for Saturday, as I am far from fit... The whole route goes from Rothswaite on the road to Honister, and joins a bridleway at the top of Honister. That bridleway isn't all that rideable unless you have a full downhill rig and also, I'd like to cut out the Honister climb... I assume you have a MTB Amex?

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Hann your cheque has landed thanks hun xx
    ps I am on bike with you Sat so you better find a route that will make a 50 year old big bloke look good looking forward to this now, beer, friends, dancing hmmmmmm
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

I shall endeavour to wear a fancy dress on Saturday... That will work either way for me. I can come as a woman if it is fancy dress, or just dress fancy if it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    OK, I had a look at a bike route and we can do part of the classic Borrowdale MTB round. It goes out of Keswick on the road then singletrack road to Watendlath, where we will meet the runners I reckon? After mincing pies and wine, we have a short push, then a nice descent into Rothswaite, bit on the road to Grange, pick up another bridleway, then road back to Keswick. When I first rode this, I felt it had far too much road, but will do nicely for Saturday, as I am far from fit... The whole route goes from Rothswaite on the road to Honister, and joins a bridleway at the top of Honister. That bridleway isn't all that rideable unless you have a full downhill rig and also, I'd like to cut out the Honister climb... I assume you have a MTB Amex?
    I will just follow your ripe bum!
    Yes I have a mountain bike well it has two wheels and bars and brakes what else do I need if I get injured I will blame you!
    Nigel cheque has landed so all have now paid I never doubted any of you and my faith has been proved!
    I will now call off those special debt collectors
    Going to try again....

Following last years Daz's XOTF a beer and the new tradition of raising a glass to our sadly missed friend we will be carrying on with this new tradition.
    Like it or lump it the ones at the night do will raise the first glass to Daz we will also raise to Bo Peep and any others we love and miss at this special time of year, we are not trying to make this event a morbid thing we will just have a moment then get hammered!

THE RAMAZZOTTI IS PACKED
    Going to try again....

I will just follow your ripe bum!
    Yes I have a mountain bike well it has two wheels and bars and brakes what else do I need if I get injured I will blame you!
    Nigel cheque has landed so all have now paid I never doubted any of you and my faith has been proved!
    I will now call off those special debt collectors
    What do you think about the idea of keeping a bike in your car overnight in Keswick?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Super Moderator
    Following last years Daz's XOTF a beer and the new tradition of raising a glass to our sadly missed friend we will be carrying on with this new tradition.
    Like it or lump it the ones at the night do will raise the first glass to Daz we will also raise to Bo Peep and any others we love and miss at this special time of year, we are not trying to make this event a morbid thing we will just have a moment then get hammered!

THE RAMAZZOTTI IS PACKED
    Good work Amex
    Poacher turned game-keeper

THE RAMAZZOTTI IS PACKED

I always keep at least one bike in the car overnight in Keswick... I probably should not have advertised this...

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    What do you think about the idea of keeping a bike in your car overnight in Keswick?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post

Didn't give it any thought at all, if we go through life worrying about what might happen we would spend all our life worrying.
    It I'll be rite
    Going to try again....