Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Q about age categories

Quick Q about age categories

Hi all

I have been dabbling with fell running for a while now - every time I feel like I am getting somewhere work/house moves/family commitments/injury get in the way and it gets shelved for a few months and I lose fitness & motivation until the cycle starts again. However, I am determined that 2012 is going to be THE year. I've just been out on my own in the peak district so far, but thought I'd enter a race to give me a focus.

I've downloaded the standard FRA form but can't find any information about categories - I'm presuming that MV40/LV40 means men/ladies under 40? Last time I looked into entering a race I thought there was a senior category for under 40's or has that changed (or am I just older!).

thanks in advance!

Re: Quick Q about age categori

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    Hi all

I have been dabbling with fell running for a while now - every time I feel like I am getting somewhere work/house moves/family commitments/injury get in the way and it gets shelved for a few months and I lose fitness & motivation until the cycle starts again. However, I am determined that 2012 is going to be THE year. I've just been out on my own in the peak district so far, but thought I'd enter a race to give me a focus.

I've downloaded the standard FRA form but can't find any information about categories - I'm presuming that MV40/LV40 means men/ladies under 40? Last time I looked into entering a race I thought there was a senior category for under 40's or has that changed (or am I just older!).

thanks in advance!
    MV40 is men 40 and over (up to the next category). And race categories are for excuse finders

You have Junior categories for the whippersnappers and then under 40s are usually just classed as 'Open'.

Hi all

thanks in advance!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    MV40 is men 40 and over (up to the next category). And race categories are for excuse finders
    It's the only reason I look forward to birthdays!! Well that and the fab presents I get :-)

So as a 'whippersnapper' of 39, which box do I tick on the standard form?

Male.

If you are a man.

Far left.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Bloody hell. I'm struggling to fill the form in, never mind doing the race.
    Ta for the replies.

Bloody hell. I'm struggling to fill the form in, never mind doing the race.
    Ta for the replies.
    If you are entering on the day (EOD) there will be a form provided and assistance will be available. If you are pre-entering a race with EOD aswell it may be simpler to wait until the race day. If you are pre-entering a 'pre-entry only' race the course demands are likely to be fairly stiff for a newbie, which race did you have your eye on if i may ask?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Hi, Its called the bUrbage skyline, not till may. It says EOD possible but thought entering before would focus my training, plus they might sell out.

Hi, Its called the bUrbage skyline, not till may. It says EOD possible but thought entering before would focus my training, plus they might sell out.
    They won't sell out, unless the race information specifies an entry limit numbers wise then EOD will always be available. However, in this case it is £2 more expensive EOD so you are right to pre-enter!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent