Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Men in tights

Re: Men in tights

Quote Originally Posted by FarFromTheFells View Post
    I have the Ron Hill Advance 3/4 Pant, they're great as aren't next to the skin, have articulated knees and are good for colder weather. And at the risk of setting off an avalanche of abuse, they also have an i-Pod pocket

http://www.craigdonmountainsports.com/032000004001
    Now they look like 75% of the kind of thing I had in mind!
    Loose fitting without being baggy enough to be annoying when running, water resistant and don't make me look like a chicken.

I see RH makes a mans-length version too so I might try to track some down to try on unless anyone thinks these wouldn't be that good for running in.

Oh, and IanR - thanks for the Saucony tights pointer, but just seeing the picture of them makes me shudder at what my wife and darling daughter would say

Quote Originally Posted by shadbolt View Post
    You're really missing the point about tights aren't you? They're supposed to hug your manly physique.
    And if you don't have a manly physique, you can always stuff a pair of socks down there. You were waiting for that weren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by gaspingforair View Post
    And if you don't have a manly physique, you can always stuff a pair of socks down there.
    So that's what's making the ladies run away! Silly me thinking it was an inch of bare ankle
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

I've got some full and 3/4 tights which i haven't dared to wear yet due to my bandy legs, i find tracksters fine.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I just stick a pair of minimal shorts over my tights for a) pockets, b) warmth, and c) modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    I just stick a pair of minimal shorts over my tights for a) pockets, b) warmth, and c) modesty.
    Shorts over tights is a major fashion faux pas. Only footballers do stupid things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gaspingforair View Post
    Now they look like 75% of the kind of thing I had in mind!
    Loose fitting without being baggy enough to be annoying when running, water resistant and don't make me look like a chicken.
    If you like the look of them and live in Sheffield, have you checked out Decathlon? http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/
    They appear very similar to some of their Kalenji gear.

I'd not knock going in to Accelerate tho.
    Been in there today. Very friendly, offered a cuppa as I walked in When they recognised me as a returning customer and noticed the crocked ankle they even had their physio come over and have a quick exam.

That little bit extra that'll get me back there in a couple of weeks to sort out some new shoes (along with some other bits )

I took a quick look at the RH Advance tights in Up And Running in Sheffield on Saturday and they seem to be what I'm looking for. Couldn't be bothered to try a pair on as my wife was patently bored with being a running shop, but I'll go in again after Xmas and give it a try.

Thanks for the Decathlon suggestion NoVice. I've had a lot of stuff from them, and didn't think about getting tights from them too. If I can find the time, I'll take a look.

A pair of the OMM 0.75 capris arrived for me from Pete Bland's today, very good fit for the skinnier chap. They also seem to have quite a lot of compression for a garment not sold as a compression garment. I've started wearing capris for walking in under my jeans, sick of chafeing problems, they're difficult to 'get out of' when you need to spend a penny quickly though!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman
    pies