Page 140 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1514

Thread: High Peak Marathon

Banned
    What's the percentage of Lady attempts in respect to completions Bob please?

Before Bob gives the stats I would hazard a guess that the proportion of completions among women starters is higher than that of men!

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Proportion of females 21%, males 79% in the team list. Without knowing the proportions on the entry forms it is not fair to talk about favouritism. Perhaps women have more sense than men when choosing an event to enter?
    I'm not concerned about the % of females on the entry list in total, I can see that there are a good number of mixed teams. it's more to do with the fact that an all ladies team has been excluded which seems such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    I'm not concerned about the % of females on the entry list in total, I can see that there are a good number of mixed teams. it's more to do with the fact that an all ladies team has been excluded which seems such a shame
    Fair enough, interesting observation and agree perhaps not ideal.

However, to apply true “equality” to the entry process, that is an associated risk. But, I see the point that the quantity of entries (men only, women only and mixed teams) are not evenly split. So maybe there is an argument to apply a “factor” dependent upon the make-up/distribution of the initial entrants. But how far do you take it…… separate weighting factors for different age categories? Poor Rich Bradbury seems to already have enough on his plate :-)
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Aye, but that's what happens when its by favouritism or selection.
    Mates rates.:-(
    Poor comment Trevor and one which disappoints me. Rich works really hard on a heavily over subscribed race to get a balance of new teams, and those that have entered before and not got in, I'm a mate of Rich and didn't get in last year, I know of a Dark peak team who have been in for years who didn't get in last year. DP had a Christmas run last night and a number of runners who hadn't made the cut and didn't get in
    There is no favouritism the team name is pulled out of the draw with a bias to those who have entered before and not got in...

The only way to get a guarantee a place is to win your category the year before

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    ..... an all ladies team has been excluded which seems such a shame
    I am sure there are are quite a few mens and ladies team excluded every year.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Poor comment Trevor and one which disappoints me. Rich works really hard on a heavily over subscribed race to get a balance of new teams, and those that have entered before and not got in, I'm a mate of Rich and didn't get in last year, I know of a Dark peak team who have been in for years who didn't get in last year. DP had a Christmas run last night and a number of runners who hadn't made the cut and didn't get in
    There is no favouritism the team name is pulled out of the draw with a bias to those who have entered before and not got in...

The only way to get a guarantee a place is to win your category the year before
    Agree with Ian here Stagger .race organisers have a hard time getting these things on ��
    If on the otherhandvyou wanna have a go at our governing bodies who openly discriminate I will be behind you all the way ,Decisions made at the top should reflect the participants wishes and shouldn't be discriminatory be it AGE ,RACE ,RELIGION ,SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR GENDER.
    Race organisers do a great job ...support em...a race is giving all it's proceeds to a Cumbrian charity ..They at least are showing Fell Runners Care..wonder if the FRA will match the donation ��
    Be nice to think they could �� Season of Smiles ��

Banned
    It's all about perception and opinions.

Some people appeared to be luckier than others on previous result's.

I do not want to offend the organisers merely pointing out an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    It's all about perception and opinions.

Some people appeared to be luckier than others on previous result's.

I do not want to offend the organisers merely pointing out an observation.
    Feel sure organizers know where you are coming from Stagger ,lots of passion in this very friendly pastime of ours ��...May do BOFRA Again soon ..practice for when I is 60 ��

Route choice from Lose Hill to Win Hill. I remember going north after Lose Hill on Redbull Steeple Chase Race in to woodland and found it ok, Or is it better to drop down south towards Hope?

_|_
    ./\.