Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inov-8 High Cup Nick

Posted this on the car share section as well, but just wondering if there is anybody who might be able to give me a lift to and from Ambleside or Kendal on Saturday for this race. You can email me at:
    [email protected]
    Cheers
    Barry

Hi Folks,
    Just a reminder that you can still enter on the day, it just costs a bit more due to increased admin effort. Maps can be printed off the village website. Parking maybe tricky, record number of entries, so please try to car share etc. Rugby on afterwards. Pete Bland also setting up shop. Forecast good. Should be a great day out.
    Cheers, Morgan

Blue sky here in Dufton this morning, it should be a great afternoon for the race.

What a day, what a venue. What a fantastic showcase for the amazing scenery that we are privileged to run through. Hats off to Morgan Donnelly for putting this on. Pure belter!
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.

Master
    That strong cold headwind made for a tough first half, but then of course it was behind us. What an amazing setting - lovely village, amazing hidden valley - thanks to the RO/marshals.

Great weather yesterday and a great day all round. Well organised, well marshalled and a well marked course. Very friendly atmosphere too!

I suppose it's why time after time I travel 100 miles to do this race. I carried my camera all the way round and took a good few photos, feel free to share the link with anyone who ran:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ianand...57666123745808

Some brilliant photos mate.totally capturing the day .

The race looks great, one of the most amazing geological and topographical features in England. But why does the name start with a manufacturer of overpriced, overhyped shoes. Surely it would work as a stand alone race without sponsorship. Just a thought.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Great weather yesterday and a great day all round. Well organised, well marshalled and a well marked course. Very friendly atmosphere too!

I suppose it's why time after time I travel 100 miles to do this race. I carried my camera all the way round and took a good few photos, feel free to share the link with anyone who ran:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ianand...57666123745808
    I've wanted to see the High Cup Nick myself ever since I first saw photos and I finally did it this weekend. So lucky to get the weather we did for a February race date. I think you may be the bloke who offered to take my pic as we climbed the steep end of the valley, thanks again for the offer. Lucky for me a friend was spectating at the top and I ruined her scenic view instead.

Now I wonder what the race is like when there's a howling south westerly weather front.

I didn't stop my stopwatch at the end of the race so I look forward to seeing the results when they are processed.