Page 168 of 209 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2088

Thread: Anniversary Waltz

Re: Anniversary Waltz

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    i've never done this race before. do we just turn up at the village hall and collect our numbers/undergo kit checks?
    Well, firstly you have to park the car (or bike) (modest charge), then walk the short distance to the village hall, then you have to have a look at Pete Bland's wares, then you register, then there's cake eating and tea drinking to be done, then there's the race and afterwards there's more eating and beer drinking required. When you've finished doing all of that, you can go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fell Donkey View Post
    Will anyone be carrying water or is it short enough/enough drinkable streams not to bother?
    I don't usually carry water and get my fill from the beck after the drop off Dalehead. That's the only real option for water though.

You will cross the stream from the outfall of Dalehead Tarn after the descent of Dalehead.
    I've always just snatched some water from there.
    You could carry a small empty bottle if you want to carry on drinking going up High Spy.
    That's at somewhere around halfway so probably the ideal time for a drink too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fell Donkey View Post
    Will anyone be carrying water or is it short enough/enough drinkable streams not to bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Well, firstly you have to park the car (or bike) (modest charge), then walk the short distance to the village hall, then you have to have a look at Pete Bland's wares, then you register, then there's cake eating and tea drinking to be done, then there's the race and afterwards there's more eating and beer drinking required. When you've finished doing all of that, you can go home.
    thanks, pre race cake sounds a tough challenge
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    1. park the car- hmmmm!!
    2. cake eating- please do carry some around the race i do like a good chin wag( then eat cake!) whilst your attempting to go uphill on all fours! i will give the cake back to you on the descent i promise
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

beer nah there won't be any of that your a highly trained pro fell runner.. you don't need beer or ale.. on the other paw i ain't a highly trained fell runner therefore i do need beer/ale..
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Banned

Have we an up to date entry list please Wynn?

Tomorrow... i'm knacked and off to bed
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Bah! I should have entered.
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy View Post
    I'm camping at Braithwaite Bridges and thinking of walking to the start. Can anyone tell me if the footpath that follows the east bank of Newlands Beck towards Uzzicar and Stair is ok? I think I saw on some walking/photo websites that this section was closed for repair after the flooding. Rather go cross-country than walk round the lanes.
    Thanks, Jim
    The path on the river bank was washed away two years ago so unfortunately its still really hard to get through - you have to climb through gorse and over big metal fences and trespass into fields which will now have young lambs in so perhaps not a good idea.......
    Last edited by Daleside; 19-04-2011 at 08:37 PM.