Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JNC fastest times

JNC fastest times

I'm fully aware that the JNC is not about setting or breaking records. It seems to be a great tradition based on fun and adventure in the fells. However, out of curiosity and as a guide for setting a schedule, does anyone know what the fastest men's v60 times might be? What sort of times do the fast v60 men do it in? Thanks

Ian Charters will have a record of all the times, but I think Alan Duncan was the fastest V60 - 13hrs 27mins. I'll be helping out with a V60 attempt this year, going on a 15 hours schedule. 15 - 17 hours seems pretty popular.

Good luck and enjoy - it's a great day out.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Ian Charters will have a record of all the times, but I think Alan Duncan was the fastest V60 - 13hrs 27mins. I'll be helping out with a V60 attempt this year, going on a 15 hours schedule. 15 - 17 hours seems pretty popular.

Good luck and enjoy - it's a great day out.
    Thanks for that. I did contact Ian Charters who confirmed what you said abut the 13hrs 27mins. I'm supporting a fellow CFR runner, Peter Crompton, on his JNC in June. He's in good form at the moment and I was just wondering what a fit v60 would be capable of. Most importantly, as you say, it should just be a great day out regardless of time (as long as it's 17hrs 59 or less!).

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Thanks for that. I did contact Ian Charters who confirmed what you said abut the 13hrs 27mins. I'm supporting a fellow CFR runner, Peter Crompton, on his JNC in June. He's in good form at the moment and I was just wondering what a fit v60 would be capable of. Most importantly, as you say, it should just be a great day out regardless of time (as long as it's 17hrs 59 or less!).
    Oh, I remember Peter. He was probably my main rival for the Lakeland Classics V50 category back in the day when I was a runner! (Along with LWarby, of course!!) He could be pretty quick.
    Last edited by GeoffB; 18-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.

"When I was a runner!". Well there's a title for an autobiography;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    "When I was a runner!". Well there's a title for an autobiography;-)
    Haha! Ok, maybe I was exaggerating slightly.

Haha! Ok, maybe I was exaggerating slightly.
    You won't be surprised to learn that I didn't come close to troubling the M55 record last Saturday Geoff!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    You won't be surprised to learn that I didn't come close to troubling the M55 record last Saturday Geoff!
    So long as you did it in under 15 hours, that's all that matters. Congratulations Martyn - hope you had a grand day out.

Oh, I remember Peter. He was probably my main rival for the Lakeland Classics V50 category back in the day when I was a runner! (Along with LWarby, of course!!) He could be pretty quick.
    Looks a great rivalry - some seriously impressive times you guys were getting. This is from Wasdale 2006 (I'm assuming you are Geoff Briggs)

24 Geoff Briggs Pennine V40 4.30.58 270.58 82
    25 Peter Crompton CFR V40 4.31.05 271.05 82

So long as you did it in under 15 hours, that's all that matters. Congratulations Martyn - hope you had a grand day out.
    I had a cracking day thank Geoff, finished in 14:22. Weather wasn't on my side unfortunately, wind and rain pretty much from Arthur's Pike to Great End, but we did have a clear leg 4.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners