Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mont-Blanc Marathon

Hoping to do this in 2015. Does anyone have any advice? What about using poles? All the continental types seem to use them but I've never seen them in races in Scotland. Never used them myself, what's the advantage with them?
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neilly View Post
    Hoping to do this in 2015. Does anyone have any advice? What about using poles? All the continental types seem to use them but I've never seen them in races in Scotland. Never used them myself, what's the advantage with them?
    Neil
    The 2014 race was changed to a due to the bad weather,saw only a handful using poles but in the long 80k race it seemed every runner had poles , maybe it's a long race thing, heard it takes pressure of your legs .
    Good luck with your training still think races over here a tougher neil

Have they announced when registrations will open yet? It was October 15th last year but I've not heard anything this year yet.

Poles were allowed on the 80k and the Marathon, but prohibited on the Cross (though I saw a few people using them). I've never used them myself but have been thinking about trying them when I can get back to running. I won't need them in 2015 though as I'll only be doing the Cross again if my ankle is better - nothing longer.
    Last edited by Vampire; 24-09-2014 at 09:22 AM.

They just posted this on their Facebook page, sorry for the Google French/English translation! Big changes in the registration this year.

Each year, the seats for the 5 races Marathon du Mont-Blanc are increasingly popular. With more than 20,000 connections during registration 2014, the Club des Sports de Chamonix 2015 decided to hold a raffle for the following races: Marathon du Mont-Blanc, Cross du Mont Blanc and Mont Blanc 80km . For 10km and KM Vertical registrations open October 13, 2014.
    Organization Registration 2015:
    - Monday, October 13 to Sunday, October 19, 2014: Pre-registration MARATHON MOUNTAIN WHITE
    - October 24, 2014: Announcement of selected Marathon du Mont-Blanc (2,000 seats)
    - Monday, October 27 to Sunday, November 2: Pre-registration CROSS MOUNTAIN WHITE
    - November 7, 2014: Announcement of selected Cross du Mont Blanc (1,500 seats)
    - Monday, November 10 to Sunday, November 16, 2014: Pre-registration 80KM MONT BLANC
    - November 21, 2014: Announcement of selected 80km Mont Blanc (1,000 seats)

Thanks for replying. I'll need to put the date in my diary. I'll look at poles. There are a few posts on here I've noticed.

Got my entry in for the ballot just now. Fingers crossed. I'll need to get a friendly GP to sign a form for me. Buggered if I'm paying £50 for it.

Good luck, I'm putting my name in for the Cross when the ballot for that opens on the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by neilly View Post
    Thanks for replying. I'll need to put the date in my diary. I'll look at poles. There are a few posts on here I've noticed.
    I might be selling my Mountain King Trail Blaze Skyrunner (carbon 4-section 120cm) poles if you're interested. Used twice on Pen y Fan but realistically I'm not going to use them much in future, they're prohibited in the Cross du Mont Blanc anyway.

Send me a PM if you're interested, they cost me £95 from Likeys 3 weeks ago, I'd sell them for £70 posted special delivery.

Thanks for the offer but I'll give it a miss just now. I need to see if I get in before I think of buying any new stuff.

Which one you doing neilly ? Did Marathon this year with few friends. Nice race.