Thread: Swimming wearing clothes

Swimming wearing clothes

In the indoor pool where I swim regularly, I occasionally see people swimming wearing clothes on. Is it not weird? Why do people do it?

I have yet to see someone wearing a suit with jacket and tie, but I've seen people in the swimming pool wearing jeans (yes, also full leg length ones), T-shirt (ok, maybe pretended to be a swimsuit), shorts (maybe also pretended to be the swimsuit), and skirt (no way it can be confused for swimsuit).
    Maybe they think they look not very fit and prefer not to show off their body?

I see an argument about hygiene, but other than that I am not really against it. Still, I find it very weird to say the least.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    In the indoor pool where I swim regularly, I occasionally see people swimming wearing clothes on. Is it not weird? Why do people do it?

I have yet to see someone wearing a suit with jacket and tie, but I've seen people in the swimming pool wearing jeans (yes, also full leg length ones), T-shirt (ok, maybe pretended to be a swimsuit), shorts (maybe also pretended to be the swimsuit), and skirt (no way it can be confused for swimsuit).
    Maybe they think they look not very fit and prefer not to show off their body?

I see an argument about hygiene, but other than that I am not really against it. Still, I find it very weird to say the least.
    Training for that day when you're walking along the canal towpath and some idiot barges past you and knocks you into the water? Extreme resistance training (in the case of the jeans-wearer)? Or simply, "Oh s**t, I've forgotten my swimming trunks, I'm not going all the way home to collect them."?

As for hygiene, I can't imagine that going into the pool wearing clothes that you may have already been using for several days is very hygienic.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges