Page 126 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Whee, my handbook arrived in the post at the weekend. Sending in my application early obviosly worked, I've been given number 004 (so say hi if you see me on the day). Post your numbers up and if I see you en-route or at the start I'll say hello

Quote Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
    You might want to acclimatise your body to getting up very early in time for a 6am kit check, followed by a bus ride to the start (assuming you don't qualify for an Ingleton kit check). So that's many hours of faffing around before you even start. If I had to drive on the day I'd need to get up at 3am, or spend the Friday night in a tent somewhere (guess b+b's will be full by now) and get up at 5.30am. Non of this is very appealing!
    No worries on that score Roger, I'm up at half 6 every day so early starts are the norm! There is a Friday night kit check for those of us staying at Threshfield on Friday night so that's all good.

Keen!
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by thedatastream View Post
    Whee, my handbook arrived in the post at the weekend. Sending in my application early obviosly worked, I've been given number 004.
    Call that getting your application in early? PAH!

Tussockface, number 003
    :thumbup:
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

All getting a bit real now:w00t: Number 204

Quote Originally Posted by thedatastream View Post
    Whee, my handbook arrived in the post at the weekend. Sending in my application early obviosly worked, I've been given number 004 (so say hi if you see me on the day). Post your numbers up and if I see you en-route or at the start I'll say hello

No worries on that score Roger, I'm up at half 6 every day so early starts are the norm! There is a Friday night kit check for those of us staying at Threshfield on Friday night so that's all good.

Keen!
    JP

Number 199 for me. I did a 28 miler in the Dales on Saturday, everaging 4.9 mph. Therefore I can 'confidentally' predict that my fellsman time will be 12 hours and 15 minutes (cough)

haha, i wish 25 mile Blubberhouses in under 4 hours Does that mean I can predict 1 hours or so (in my dreams) i might finish?
    Hike number 186.
    See you there

am guessing we can sleep in hall on Sat night like last time I did this (it doesn't seem to say so in handbook)

I'm no 80 , anyone else doing a steady calderdale for a warm up. First fellsman so feel free give me a wave as you pass :-)

No 213 Also doing the Calderdale as a warm up. It's all getting a bit real now (What have I done!)

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    I'm no 80 , anyone else doing a steady calderdale for a warm up. First fellsman so feel free give me a wave as you pass :-)

I was scared enough but when the Fellsman booklet came through the door with a picture on the front of some poor bloke practically clawing his way desperately up Gregareth my reaction was :w00t::w00t::w00t:

you've embarked on journey of self discovery one might say steampig............ or as in my case it all seemed a good idea sat in my living room with my feet up :w00t: hopefully see you there then steampig

Number 121, feel free to say hi or feed me jelly babies !

Friday night sleeping in the back of the car is top prep !!!
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.