Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rombalds Stride entry

Me & Ben Shep reckon Cowpers is longer Will. More runnable, but a tad longer.

Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Left of the wall although I’ve heard there’s another way via cowpers cross that I’ve never done.

Will be good to see you Matt 👍
    Sorry to miss you Will. Another fine sufferfest. As to left or right, I always go left, but not allowed due to the landowner this year. Fine bog on the right ate me up to the thighs and I got wet gloves. The run from Weecher to Keighley gate was wonderful in snow. the crawl up the Chevin was beautifuly greasy, hauling on the trees. The cakes and food on route was up to the normal very high standard. Home and in the shower by 2.00pm

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Sorry to miss you Will. Another fine sufferfest. As to left or right, I always go left, but not allowed due to the landowner this year. Fine bog on the right ate me up to the thighs and I got wet gloves. The run from Weecher to Keighley gate was wonderful in snow. the crawl up the Chevin was beautifuly greasy, hauling on the trees. The cakes and food on route was up to the normal very high standard. Home and in the shower by 2.00pm
    It’s never been allowed, the rules have always said stay right of the wall. The leaders all went left today, I went right, got eaten by a bog monster, and that was the last time I saw the leaders....
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

I was very sad to see that sign today. Fell in more than one bog on the right

Always gone left of the wall and would have today if I’d got out of bed in time! It’s a public footpath

Always gone left of the wall and would have today if I’d got out of bed in time! It’s a public footpath
    From Whetstone Gate towards West Buck Stones? Which OS map are you looking at?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 04-02-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Not looking at a map just thought it was cos there’s a stile!

Not looking at a map just thought it was cos there’s a stile!
    Ah yes. That'll be the one you installed to fool the OS that there should be a path.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Me & Ben Shep reckon Cowpers is longer Will. More runnable, but a tad longer.
    I think it's longer. Well, it is the way I tried it anyhow The conventional line via West Buck Stones to Piper's Gate works out at 1.59 miles, while via Cowpers I made it 1.75. If it was that boggy to the right of the wall, I'm thinking that this might have been the way to go .... it's pretty much the Jack Bloor line until you reach the ridge path above Black Beck Hole and then High Crag.
    Cowpers.jpg
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I think it's longer. Well, it is the way I tried it anyhow The conventional line via West Buck Stones to Piper's Gate works out at 1.59 miles, while via Cowpers I made it 1.75. If it was that boggy to the right of the wall, I'm thinking that this might have been the way to go .... it's pretty much the Jack Bloor line until you reach the ridge path above Black Beck Hole and then High Crag.
    Cowpers.jpg
    What he said! With such boggy conditions it probably would have been quicker this year. Especially for Ben Shep. who wore trail shoes. Still came an impressive 3rd mind you.