Page 163 of 172 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

At last, I've finally completed a Haworth Hobble. Last year I couldn't make the start line due to my knee problems and this year I was fearing a DNF or a very messy finish but actually, it went ok albeit a bit painful. What a great route! Makes me wonder why we don't go over that way more often. It was great to see some familiar faces, friends and new nice people. Thanks to Matt for putting up with my babble for the last 8 miles, you kept me pushing on.

The tot of whisky was a godsend but the fire in my belly ran out at the foot of the ascent to the monument. Never mind, it was good while it lasted. I think I finished in about 6.13 so not too far behind Stolly who had a fab run in under six hours. Its a great race and I can see why its so popular. Thanks to everyone who organised and marshalled it.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

I was amazed to see whisky being offered. The guy I was running with at the time (Dave from Bingley) had some, but I steered clear. Perhaps it was just what I needed, as about 6 miles later the wheels fell off a bit and I had to finish at a fast walk.

Thanks to Brett and the team of marshals. The stew was great, thanks, as was the soup on the course.

Another grand day out, although it was tough from about 22 miles for me; struggled with cramp, tired legs but more importantly a lack of talent
    Haven't done the distance since May last year, so just wanted to get round. The hotdogs were, as ever, most welcome although the lack of preparation in having the onions ready made me lose valuable second...cost me the race win that!
    The biggest surprise for me though, was the whisky at Mankinholes....I'd been told there wasn't any this year so had taken preventative measures by bringing my own hip flask with Tobermory for that checkpoint....how pleased I was to see a choice of two there....so I had a nip of each! Strange really, since I wasn't exactly at the front (or anywhere near) but I think only a couple of shots had been consumed before I got to it.
    Managed to trudge in in 5.26 which, considering I was thinking I'd be happy with anything under 6 I'm quite pleased with...'suppose I should do some training now really!

Cheers to all the marshalls, as ever, a sterling job.

Well done mate. Good to see you at the race even though we didn't get chance to chat.
    To echo others: thanks to the marshals and organisers, Brett and his team. A fantastic event.
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    Another grand day out, although it was tough from about 22 miles for me; struggled with cramp, tired legs but more importantly a lack of talent
    Haven't done the distance since May last year, so just wanted to get round. The hotdogs were, as ever, most welcome although the lack of preparation in having the onions ready made me lose valuable second...cost me the race win that!
    The biggest surprise for me though, was the whisky at Mankinholes....I'd been told there wasn't any this year so had taken preventative measures by bringing my own hip flask with Tobermory for that checkpoint....how pleased I was to see a choice of two there....so I had a nip of each! Strange really, since I wasn't exactly at the front (or anywhere near) but I think only a couple of shots had been consumed before I got to it.
    Managed to trudge in in 5.26 which, considering I was thinking I'd be happy with anything under 6 I'm quite pleased with...'suppose I should do some training now really!

Cheers to all the marshalls, as ever, a sterling job.

Brilliant as ever - though I did miss the cake stall.
    Thanks everyone.

How the heck did you miss that? Were you at the sausage roll stall?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    Brilliant as ever - though I did miss the cake stall.
    Thanks everyone.

Looking at the results - you were running too quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    How the heck did you miss that? Were you at the sausage roll stall?

On-line entry next year - and fewer runners

- and fewer runners
    Why is that, Brett?

Looking at the results - you were running too quickly...
    Ha ha- I wish. No, I meant the cake stall in the school hall.