Results 991 to 1,000 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Re: Haworth Hobble/Wuthering H

Results - here

Sportsunday pics here with an extra oo in Haworth:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

Thumbs up Re: Haworth Hobble/Wuthering H

I would also like to add to Rachels message - a great day out and a huge thank you to all the organisers and marshalls for everything. The jam doughnuts went down a treat at Mankinholes.:thumbup:

Rachel - I never saw you at the start and the end was a bit of a blur to be honest! I kept you in my sights until Mankinholes but I couldn't sustain the pace after Hebden Bridge. It was my first ultra and I loved it! Bring on Calderdale Hike and Lakeland 50!

I had no idea what time I would do it in, but had hoped for 6 - 6.5 hrs, so well chuffed with 5hr 40. Started cramping up a bit on the road up to Penistone, so it was a funny shuffle rather than a run.

Cathy, Wharfedale Harriers.

That is a fantastic time Cathy-well done! You did fantastic and should be really proud of yourself! I saw you come in at the end but I was still in a heap on the floor recovering myself at that point! By the time I could stand up I couldn't see you-as you say-it is always a blur at the end - elation its all over, exhaustion and for me, trying to get as many cakes down my neck as possible! Well done-you certainly were a Twinkletoed ultra runner yesterday!
    Rachel
    Gala pie-its the future

I couldn't get in the bath last night and since yesterday I have done nothing but eat! Needless to say the only thing I have run today is a bath at last!! Might try a run on Wednesday. When I got to Mankinholes I remembered what you said about crying..so I had another doughnut!

See you soon x

Thanks Brett. Another good day out. Was initially disappointed to be slower than the last two years but hey ho, I'm older so it's OK right?
    Thanks to all the marshalls- the lady who let me have a hotdog without the bun, the tot of whiskey and the rest. Also to Clive for the drink when I really needed it.
    Nice to meet so many friends again and to have a chat. Now I know who you are Twinkletoes - I remember seeing you at The Hebden too. Rachel- brilliant time for you, well done, I could see you in the distance until Stoodley but could not keep it that way. Andy - your training is obviously paying off, I can no longer keep up. Obviously I need to train more.
    Last edited by karen nash; 11-03-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Cracking event; never done it before so a bit worried about route finding but it turned out ok, thanks to my wing men; Stevie Mc and Garmin 305!

We passed Wendy heading back up Stoney lane to CP4; heaven knows where she got to before she realised how lost she was?!

We entered this as a training event for the Fellsman so kept the pace down to 12min/mile, until coming out of Hardcastle crags area. Steve was having food problems (turns out too many gels not too few!) and told me to press on so I legged it. I must have passed 30 people before the finish but my feet were absolutely shredded coming off Top o'Stair; no x-talons next year!

Thanks to all the marshalls at the checkpoints; The hotdogs and doughnuts went down a treat, the whisky was superb. I can only hope that they treat us so well on the Fellsman.

My first time out at the Hobble. I'd like to add my thanks to all the organisers and marshalls for putting the whole thing together and for being so resolutely cheerful at each and every checkpoint. I was pleased with getting round in 6.56 (having been ill for the preceding week with the dreaded stomach bug that seems to have been doing the rounds.) Already having thoughts of next year's event. If I just train harder, get fitter, don't get a stomach bug, etc. I might just break 6.55! :thumbup: Particular thanks to Becka from Tod for chatting to me and runnning with me through the Heptonstall sections - we'll find the right way up from the Horse Bridge Becka that doesn't take us to Pecket Well next year! Also 'hello' to the Assistant Pastor from Haworth Church who kept me company up the hill to the Top O' Stairs. Now to get myself ready for the Heptonstall Fell Race on Sunday. Surely my legs will be ready for it by then

Enjoyed the event very much. Thankyou to the organisers.

Thanks to Mr Brightside for the Jura.

Good to see you Clive again.

Can't tell you all how pleased I was with my 6.14 PB :w00t: ... Big thanks to all at KCAC for looking out for us all. Cheers Brett! Thanks for the help. Really good to catch up with Derby Tup and put a face to a name at last!. Thanks for the Ibuprofen advice Nick, :closed: would never have managed without that boost ...

I had a blast ... again!

And of course blogged it with a few pics ...
    "I've never seen the like ...."

http://mike-viewfromtherear.blogspot.com