Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBR July 7-9 Support

Many thanks for the offer,

Unfortunately I can't do the following weekend due to family commitments, but might move it forward by a day or two if the weather over the weekend looks terrible - I'll post up here if that happens.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by blencathrafrommykitchen View Post
    could maybe help the following weekend when we're down on holiday in llanberis, but not on the weekend you quoted...

Hi All,

I'm still low on supporters for my PBR attempt this weekend. If anyone fancies it please give me a shout!

(Please see further details in my initial post)

Cheers,

Mike

I would love to but I'm not quick, fit or knowledgable enough at present to be of assistance. Plus I'm working. Only really replying as the silence was deafening. I assume you've tried FB FRA section etc? Also I think BMC forum has a bit on BG assists etc. so may also have PBR info etc.

Hope you find help.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Cheers for the info - No I haven't tried your suggested FB and BMC forum! I will give this a bash tonight and see what happens. Otherwise it will be a fun day out on me lonesome!

Thanks again for the advice,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    I would love to but I'm not quick, fit or knowledgable enough at present to be of assistance. Plus I'm working. Only really replying as the silence was deafening. I assume you've tried FB FRA section etc? Also I think BMC forum has a bit on BG assists etc. so may also have PBR info etc.

Hope you find help.

How did it go Michael?

We set off walking from Capel at 5am on Friday and had clag all the way through to the Nantlle Ridge (very warm though). Wild camped at the col just after Yr Aran then started walking again at 5am on Saturday. Apart from an hour of cold, misty weather around the Glyderau the weather was absolutely fantastic and we got back to Capel at 8pm on Saturday.

A brilliant two days of walking.

Hi Geoff,

Glad you had a good walk. That's a really good effort if you were carrying all the camping gear! I set off from Pont Caer Gors at 22:00 and I think I passed your tent at the col around 23:00 (green tent at the RHS of the fence before right along the path at the col?). I heard some rustling inside but tried to be quiet!

Anyway got round in 22:54 at the end. Really good weather almost all the way round - except a some fog on Craig Wen, Yr Alan and Elidir Fach, and wet rock making slow progress on the Elidir Fach, the glyders and coming down off of Tryfan). All in all very lucky with the weather though.

Started really suffering and slowing down from Capel Curig onwards, and stressing about not making the Hebog leg in the 5 hrs I had remaining. Very happy to have managed it. Would like to try it again one day fully supported without carrying gear to see what time I could get...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    How did it go Michael?

We set off walking from Capel at 5am on Friday and had clag all the way through to the Nantlle Ridge (very warm though). Wild camped at the col just after Yr Aran then started walking again at 5am on Saturday. Apart from an hour of cold, misty weather around the Glyderau the weather was absolutely fantastic and we got back to Capel at 8pm on Saturday.

A brilliant two days of walking.

Nice one Michael, and thanks for not waking us!

We only carried the camping gear for the Snowdon leg as Lee Langdon met us with the gear in his van at Pont Cae'r-gors and we left it in his van again at Llanberis. (Thanks for everything Lee - you were an absolute star!)

Hope you manage to get some more support in the future - it makes a huge difference.

It seems there were a few of us around over the weekend. Simon Barnett from Tring completed and apparently Tim Higginbottom came close to beating Adrian Belton's long-standing 24hr record.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZeidan View Post
    Hi Geoff,

Glad you had a good walk. That's a really good effort if you were carrying all the camping gear! I set off from Pont Caer Gors at 22:00 and I think I passed your tent at the col around 23:00 (green tent at the RHS of the fence before right along the path at the col?). I heard some rustling inside but tried to be quiet!

Anyway got round in 22:54 at the end. Really good weather almost all the way round - except a some fog on Craig Wen, Yr Alan and Elidir Fach, and wet rock making slow progress on the Elidir Fach, the glyders and coming down off of Tryfan). All in all very lucky with the weather though.

Started really suffering and slowing down from Capel Curig onwards, and stressing about not making the Hebog leg in the 5 hrs I had remaining. Very happy to have managed it. Would like to try it again one day fully supported without carrying gear to see what time I could get...