Page 208 of 315 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    It does. last year I was wearing the required waterproof.
    Thanks Dr P

:thumbup: Ebay comes good, and the MRT get a nice little profit !!! :thumbup:
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Quote Originally Posted by sore legs View Post
    :thumbup: Ebay comes good, and the MRT get a nice little profit !!! :thumbup:
    Well done sore legs-enjoy the race!

how much did the ebay entries go for? a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    how much did the ebay entries go for? a great idea.
    The first 2 ended a couple days earlier and I missed those due to being away with work but I think that they went for around £12 each.

The last 3 though finished 20 minutes apart from each one. I seem to remember the first going form £26 and then the second for £31 but the last went for £10.50.

There seemed to be 3 people (me being 1) bidding against each other and as I lost out on the first 2, but I proffed on the last.

It is a great idea and very generous of DPFR to give the full bidded amount to the Edale MRT- good charity fund raising opportunity and good publicity for the event and club.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

The first 2 ended a couple days earlier and I missed those due to being away with work but I think that they went for around £12 each.

The last 3 though finished 20 minutes apart from each one. I seem to remember the first going form £26 and then the second for £31 but the last went for £10.50.

There seemed to be 3 people (me being 1) bidding against each other and as I lost out on the first 2, but I proffed on the last.

It is a great idea and very generous of DPFR to give the full bidded amount to the Edale MRT- good charity fund raising opportunity and good publicity for the event and club.
    ...and on a similar topic, prizes include Rescue Ale so more money raised for the MR.
    I'll have a few cases in the car as well if any one wants some.

This is my first Skyline and having read some of the earlier posts there seems to be a route choice after the Grindslow Knoll CP. If the 'down & up' option is taken is there any restrictions or what is this route?? As daft as the question may seem, is it simply head East off Grindslow Knoll picking your way through the fields (looks like many of the walls are broken on google) and then cross the Brook going direct to the last CP?

Any information on this would be very useful and appreciated.

Thanks - Paul
    Paul C.

The land of no hills! (Altrincham, Cheshire)

Can anyone confirm if there will be any water stations on the route?

I have seen reference to Hope and Mam Nick, but cannot see anything www race info.

Plenty out recceying over the weekend I noticed , and plenty of stud marks on all the 'racing lines' :wink:

This is my first Skyline and having read some of the earlier posts there seems to be a route choice after the Grindslow Knoll CP. If the 'down & up' option is taken is there any restrictions or what is this route?? As daft as the question may seem, is it simply head East off Grindslow Knoll picking your way through the fields (looks like many of the walls are broken on google) and then cross the Brook going direct to the last CP?

Any information on this would be very useful and appreciated.

Thanks - Paul
    I did this last year 'for a laugh'. You need to know the precise line to take and be strong at climbing after several hours of running. Sadly, I was lacking in both departments and as I wearily climbed up to Ringing Roger, the gang I'd been with at Grindslow came running down. I'd lost the best part of 5 minutes. At least, I was able to see the funny side of this, in an especially ironic fashion.

It is very tempting, RR seems so close from GK. The view from the brook, though, is not so favourable, especially because you can hear the finish line to your right.

I'd strongly advise you to use the orthodox route on your first run.
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 19-03-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Can anyone confirm if there will be any water stations on the route?

I have seen reference to Hope and Mam Nick, but cannot see anything www race info.

Plenty out recceying over the weekend I noticed , and plenty of stud marks on all the 'racing lines' :wink:
    Usually proper stations at both locations plus a limited supply at Jacob's Ladder.