Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginner in Sheffield

Re: Beginner in Sheffield

Dark and White run some good events suitable for beginners up in your neck of the woods. 3 hours in the Peak District, you choose the route.

I've been to a couple and really enjoyed them.

www.darkandwhite.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ajb View Post
    Race wise would certainly recommend the Totley AC series - http://www.totleyac.org.uk/
    Don't think the 2010 dates are on their website yet but the first three (Tigger Tor, Tigers Todger and Totley Moor) all on the FRA calender.
    Others close to Sheffield and public transport would include Burbage Skyline, Hathersage Gala, Stanage Struggle, Bamford Carnival, Wolf's Pit for starters.
    Stanage Struggle route would make another good 6 mile training run from hathersage -http://www.fbrc.co.uk/Struggle%20map.htm
    If you scroll about at http://www.totleyac.org.uk/calendar/TotleyColCal.html for long enough, you'll find the dates for the totley races.

Quote Originally Posted by flypast View Post
    Dark and White run some good events suitable for beginners up in your neck of the woods. 3 hours in the Peak District, you choose the route.

I've been to a couple and really enjoyed them.

www.darkandwhite.co.uk
    I have done some of their events. Good fun, well organised, although somewhat expensive(£9?) to enter if remember correctly.

The Hope Valley railway line is useful, for accessing fell runs onto Kinder. You could get off at Hope or Edale.

Hi,

Im also relatively new to fell running (I've got my first race- The Wadsworth Half-Trogg next weekend) and also live in Sheffield. I was wondering if anyone fancies going for a run this Sunday from Edale or Hope? (Or somewhere easily accessible from Sheffield by public transport).

It would be nice to get out for about 10 miles and I would greatly appreciate some company!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Dave View Post
    Hi,

Im also relatively new to fell running (I've got my first race- The Wadsworth Half-Trogg next weekend) and also live in Sheffield. I was wondering if anyone fancies going for a run this Sunday from Edale or Hope? (Or somewhere easily accessible from Sheffield by public transport).

It would be nice to get out for about 10 miles and I would greatly appreciate some company!

Cheers

There's Tigger Tor this Sunday, you can catch a bus out to that or carshare. If you end up on Kinder go to the western end and you may come across the Hayfield Trial

The Tigger Tor sounds good. What better way to train for your so called first fell race than doing a fell race?

Hopefully there are still places available. I will pop in to accelerate-uk tomorrow and see if I can enter.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Dave View Post
    The Tigger Tor sounds good. What better way to train for your so called first fell race than doing a fell race?

Hopefully there are still places available. I will pop in to accelerate-uk tomorrow and see if I can enter.

Thanks for the advice.
    I'm sure you will be able to.

Say hi to Stu and debs in Accelerate and if you want moreinfo on race checkout DP's race calender or send a PM to Darth of the Darkside as Mrs DotDS is one of the Organisors

If you do well I'm told there is some really Excellent 'Ale' for prizes

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'm sure you will be able to.

Say hi to Stu and debs in Accelerate and if you want moreinfo on race checkout DP's race calender or send a PM to Darth of the Darkside as Mrs DotDS is one of the Organisors

If you do well I'm told there is some really Excellent 'Ale' for prizes
    She prefers Padomay rather than Mrs DotDS!

Come and do the race - 9.5 miles all runnable with hot showers and a rugby bar afterwards.
    Life doesn't get much better
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

I registered today! Hopefully I won't do anything silly like getting lost.

Cheers for the advice.