Thread: Steady on Phil

Steady on Phil

Just watched the 2nd PDC semi on a mates SkyHD and was utterly disgusted to see The Power slagging off the BDC, hey don't forget where you came from Phil! Perhaps i can get some sweeteners from the FRA for chatting $hit about BOFRA. Do any of the crowd even like darts or do they just read about this thing called the PDC Championship in Nuts magazine and just turn up and get pissed?

Oi Oi Oi!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Re: Steady on Phil

well done phil taylor 15 world championships !!! a sporting legend

Well done on his 13th PDC title, but for me the BDO is where its at.

Can't believe he was slagging it off too, the BDO made all those top players, and to be fair, they are now in the PDC to line their pockets, which no-one can blame them for. Money talks

He is too good!

Shame there was no Barney in the final, he's still my fave

But wouldn't it make sense to have all the darts under one flag?

Of course it's about money and profile. All sports seem to be these days - even in athletics athletes like Bolt, Bekele make their decisions through agents.

Barry Hearn is a shrewd guy - he will want to bring it together for financial reasons. But he will also know that the pub game is what keps darts going, and will support the grass roots I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    But wouldn't it make sense to have all the darts under one flag?

Of course it's about money and profile. All sports seem to be these days - even in athletics athletes like Bolt, Bekele make their decisions through agents.

Barry Hearn is a shrewd guy - he will want to bring it together for financial reasons. But he will also know that the pub game is what keps darts going, and will support the grass roots I'm sure.
    Well, I'm not sure, like already has been pointed out, are the crowds at the PDC there for the darts or the piss-up?

I just love the BDO for many reasons, I think they have the best characters, the best events, the World Champs is free to view, for the masses, its the original darts organisation, it creates all the best players, the list goes on.

The PDC is typically Sky (Murdoch) television, money making, glitzy, wham bam, showy stuff, and because I don't have Sky, I can't watch it anyways hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    The PDC is typically Sky (Murdoch) television, money making, glitzy, wham bam, showy stuff, and because I don't have Sky, I can't watch it anyways hehe
    *cough* www.flashsportstreams.com *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Well, I'm not sure, like already has been pointed out, are the crowds at the PDC there for the darts or the piss-up?

I just love the BDO for many reasons, I think they have the best characters, the best events, the World Champs is free to view, for the masses, its the original darts organisation, it creates all the best players, the list goes on.

The competitors may be split in to 2 camps, but surely not the spectators. I think all darts crowds are there for BOTH the darts & the piss-up!

The best characters - we have some great characters in fell running as well. But personally I'd rather watch excellence! Give me Ian Holmes, Rob Jebb, Rob Hope anyday over Danbert

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    The competitors may be split in to 2 camps, but surely not the spectators. I think all darts crowds are there for BOTH the darts & the piss-up!

The best characters - we have some great characters in fell running as well. But personally I'd rather watch excellence! Give me Ian Holmes, Rob Jebb, Rob Hope anyday over Danbert
    Quite true.

I just love the pub feel to the BDO events though too, whereas the PDC events seem a bit more formal, if i can use such a word hehe, or manufactured.

The BDO makes it feel to me, that with a practice anyone could be up on the BDO stage, that sort of attraction.

do they have a playoff between the two champions ? mind you theres only going to be one winner .