Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: man u 0 - 1 LEEDS UTD

Re: man u 0 - 1 LEEDS UTD

Great result

In 1968 United won the European cup, the following season the team finished mid table.

Denis Law started to restrict his appearances. Charlton retired, the complete back four had gone and George Best had lost interest.

The season after that the new kids in town with a sprinkling of the old guard struggled and United ended up in division two.

As a City fan I'm obviously hoping that history repeats itself as it has a habit of doing.

Roll on wednesday night
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

it hurts to say but leeds deserved to win today

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    As a City fan I'm obviously hoping that history repeats itself as it has a habit of doing.
    Yeah but you've been hoping that for 33 years

haha good one

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Yeah but you've been hoping that for 33 years

Indeed......but i wonder if the tide is turning quicker than expected, you lot getting knocked out by 'lowly' opposition and being the laughing stock, and then there is us getting easy draws in the next round which is what you usually always get. I hope so as i think i would nearly get as much enjoyment out of laughing at you lot as us winning everything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pocketrocket106 View Post
    it hurts to say but leeds deserved to win today
    It'll hurt you tomorrow, that's another 2 reps you will be doing

Indeed......but i wonder if the tide is turning quicker than expected, you lot getting knocked out by 'lowly' opposition and being the laughing stock, and then there is us getting easy draws in the next round which is what you usually always get. I hope so as i think i would nearly get as much enjoyment out of laughing at you lot as us winning everything.
    United will fall from grace at some point, but it's unlikely to be under Fergie. IMO the main reason behind Utd's last fall from grace was the faltering health of Matt Busby, leading to his inability to rebuild the team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    United will fall from grace at some point, but it's unlikely to be under Fergie. IMO the main reason behind Utd's last fall from grace was the faltering health of Matt Busby, leading to his inability to rebuild the team.

You're probably right about Sir Matt..... but there is a real possibility of you winning nothing this season under baconface which will accelerate your decline.

If you were to win nothing this season the glory hunters would jump ship which would reduce your income and the circle of decline would set in.

The promissory notes the Glaziers signed for personal loans have a sting in the tail in that if the profits drop below a certain amount then the people who lent them the money can appoint people to the board who will be looking to make the operation profitable by cutting costs.

I can't see you doing a Leeds but I can see you declining to be a mid table side.

You're probably right about Sir Matt..... but there is a real possibility of you winning nothing this season under baconface which will accelerate your decline.

If you were to win nothing this season the glory hunters would jump ship which would reduce your income and the circle of decline would set in.

The promissory notes the Glaziers signed for personal loans have a sting in the tail in that if the profits drop below a certain amount then the people who lent them the money can appoint people to the board who will be looking to make the operation profitable by cutting costs.

I can't see you doing a Leeds but I can see you declining to be a mid table side.
    We won't do a Leeds; if Utd don't meet their debt repayments the troubles at Leeds will look like a minor financial inconvenience. I've been saying that for years - some of the debt is at 14.25% interest rates.

However, let's not forget that with the exception of a couple of seasons, Utd have had the highest attendances for each season since the end of the second world war. For the most part, we weren't particularly successful.

You can call them glory hunters and we have a fair few of them (although you've got your fair share of them now!) but Utd have had the fortune of being top dog during football's two boom periods in the 60s and 90s.