Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ldmt

novice

Ldmt

On my tick list for 2010 I hope to do the lake district mountain trial. In the 2009 calendar its down as ~ 16m and 7000ft. Can someone who did it confirm if these are roughly correct – just want to know what to train for.

I appreciate there are navigational options so no one accurate route

Re: Ldmt

If i remember correctly, someone off here did it this year and their garmin logged it as being a mile or so over 20miles. - may even have been Geoff B

IDP logged 25.5 miles and 6,450ft. There's loads of feedback at:

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...ht=LDMT&page=4

Just train for a long day out on rough ground - took me nearly 2 hours longer than Wasdale I think.

novice

Thanks Rich, a very long day out

Anyone on here do the short and have time and distances/ascent?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    If i remember correctly, someone off here did it this year and their garmin logged it as being a mile or so over 20miles. - may even have been Geoff B
    Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    IDP logged 25.5 miles and 6,450ft. There's loads of feedback at:

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...ht=LDMT&page=4

Just train for a long day out on rough ground - took me nearly 2 hours longer than Wasdale I think.
    I don't do GPS, Al, but you're right apart from that. Measured on Tracklogs my route came to pretty much the same as RichT/IDP's.

This was my 3rd Mountain Trial, and by far the toughest yet. Other people agreed it was longer than usual. Mind you, it was a grand day out.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    I don't do GPS, Al, but you're right apart from that. Measured on Tracklogs my route came to pretty much the same as RichT/IDP's.

This was my 3rd Mountain Trial, and by far the toughest yet. Other people agreed it was longer than usual. Mind you, it was a grand day out.
    my first last year. don't go too fast you will pay.

I heard a few complaints from the short runners last year it was too short. esp the ladies who want to do the long but aren't allowed

was indeed a monster, and t'was a hot day too. Ahhh, the memories of hot days....

It was one of those days, for me at least, where it stops being a race and becomes a battle to get round. Drank nowhere near enough and paid for it.

A great event, not to be missed....

typically about 4 to 4.5 hours winning time
    if thats any help.

and novice
    if you are a novice then there are experience criteria - a couple of Long fell races or other long navigational races (eg OMM or such) so you'll need to get those under your belt before mid August (which is when entries usually close).
    Last edited by andy k; 05-01-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Try the ldmt web site- you can see results for previous years for all the courses and there is a link to route gadget to see the courses- this would let you see the routes rather than just the length.

novice

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Try the ldmt web site- you can see results for previous years for all the courses and there is a link to route gadget to see the courses- this would let you see the routes rather than just the length.
    I have looked at this but can't for the life of me make it work. I'm clearly fairly dim when it comes to such things. Also if it is a dibber system how does it know which route you took between check points?

As to whether I'm still a novice I think I may need to change my name to what ever the next level is