Thread: Documentary Movie THE RUNNER

Documentary Movie THE RUNNER

The movie "THE RUNNER" (Il Corridore), with ultra trail legend Marco Olmo, is now available for all UK ultra trail runners and fans.

You can order your dvd copy (with english subtitles) here:

http://www.racingtheplanet.co.uk/sto...he-runner.html

This is the official movie trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayvGM6r3pIk

Movie Website: http://www.unpassodopolaltro.it

THE RUNNER

Love, pain, revenge. The true story of a worker who became the Ultra Trail World Champion at 60 years old.

"In life I'm a loser.I was born poor, as I am poor still now. I run to revenge myself, I run for vengeance." Marco Olmo, 2008

Synopsis:

Marco Olmo is a living legend of extreme running. He became late, when the others started to stop.In his “previous lives”, as he says, he has been a farmer, a truck driver, than a workman in his village’s cement plant.For twenty years he has worked in a quarry on his family’s land, just where there was his native house, sold before he was employed.Running has became his reason for living, the way to take revenge on his hard destiny.At the age of 60 he has became World Champion winning the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, the hardest and most important endurance race in the world, over twenty hours of uninterrupted running, 167 km (over 100 miles) around the tallest mountain in Europe.An almost unimaginable race, where mental and physical training and personal motivations are fundamental. Despite age, physical problems and always younger and more prepared opponents, he doesn’t want to stop. With his wife Renata’s help he prepares for a year, to face the new edition of the race that made him champion. This competition could become the last of his entire career.Marco must win, to show himself that he can still do it.

Thanks for your attention, Paolo (p.s. I'm one of the two movie directors - I hope this is the right forum section to post this message. Thanks)

Re: Documentary Movie THE RUNN

I realise this post is quite old, but, has anyone seen it and is it worth paying £16 for? Can't seem to be able to rent it or buy it any cheaper from Amazon....

Did he win the "new edition" or is that a spoiler
    No country for old men.

Some very questionable claims there!
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocasalis View Post
    Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, the hardest and most important endurance race in the world,
    I reckon many races could make that claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocasalis View Post
    around the tallest mountain in Europe.
    Is Russia not in Europe? (5,642 m Mount Elbrus, Russia)