Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Wild Boar

Re: Really Wild Boar

Top ten summary here. Really sorry to have missed this today! Next year........ You'll need to teach me that descent Mr Brightside....

http://fellrunningbriefs.blogspot.co...ild-boars.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    Top ten summary here. Really sorry to have missed this today! Next year........ You'll need to teach me that descent Mr Brightside....

http://fellrunningbriefs.blogspot.co...ild-boars.html
    It's one you'll enjoy Daleside. My route is a bit rough in places, but i'm cocksure it's faster now if you're willing to stay fast over the rough stuff. When i recced it in 2009, i spotted a third route which i might have a go at next year.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Yeah this was a cracking race - ideal weather still and clear with cracking views off the top of the Boar ... a bit of translucent haze between it and Mallerstang Edge ... lovely

As Mr B has said the free for all descent is a beaut ... I was fairly isolated on the descent with the back of the front group in the distance but I seemed to go over a couple of steepish rocky drops soon after leaving the summit plateau which surprised me because I thought it might be a grassy one all the way. Quite boggy in places but a few recent training runs around the Eastern edge of the Bowland Fells and Gt Whernside last wk have prepared me for that.

Great spot prizes after too - I bagged a 10l OMM ruc-sac which wil serve me well on a few long ones I've got planned next spring/summer so many thanks to Debbie and Gary for that and the race which had a lovely atmosphere

In case anyone out there has been wondering when this years Really Wild Boar is, wonder no longer...SATURDAY 8TH DCEMBER 12 o'clock from Street (Sedbergh/Kirkby Stephen road). Don't forget the quality of the spot prizes far out weigh the winners prize!!

Debbie

www.pyrenees-haven.com

I hope to be there. Will it be added to the FRA online calendar?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I hope to be there. Will it be added to the FRA online calendar?
    I have emailed FRAFixtures with the date, just have some paperwork to fill in so the calendar should be updated sometime soon.

Debbie

www.pyrenees-haven.com

Enjoyed this race last year. I don't suppose you have a copy of the results somewhere? Never saw them as had to leave straight after the race. I won't be anywhere near the top but it doesn't stop the curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by mattp View Post
    Enjoyed this race last year. I don't suppose you have a copy of the results somewhere? Never saw them as had to leave straight after the race. I won't be anywhere near the top but it doesn't stop the curiosity
    If you let me have your email address I will send you them.

Or if you can tell me how to attach them to the forum I could do that.

Debbie

www.pyrenees-haven.com

Thanks very much. Have PM'd you with my e-mail.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattp View Post
    Thanks very much. Have PM'd you with my e-mail.

Matt
    Hi - Glad to see this one in the calendar it was great last year. Debbie/Matt would you be able to post those results on the forum I'd be interested to see what my time was? I think its just a case of clicking on 'Manage Attachments' then 'Add Files' then 'Select Files' and scroll to wherever your file is then 'Upload Files' and 'Done'. You just have to ensure its an ok file type - couldn't see xls on the list but pdf/txt/word doc are ok. I should have attached a rough map for the race to see if it works.....