Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Really Wild Boar

The weathers looking foul for this today. Never done it before, but going up with a team from Otley AC. I think the compass may come in handy. Reading back on this thread it looks like there may be a bit of stumbling around in the bog coming off the top. Thanks for the map Mr Brightside.

By Heck, thats a proper Fell Race! Well worth the two hour journey.

Is this race going ahead? It doesn’t say it’s cancelled on the calendar.

Anyone going for this on Saturday? I was going to do Back Lane Ends, but this has been cancelled so I'll do this. A bit of a drive from Otley, but a very fine, low key race.

Yeah, I'll be there. First running of this as a vet for me, never done it in clear weather either.

...and i won't be doing it in clear weather this year, forecast is for persistent rain. The clag will be down too, so my shortcuts will be useful. Get yourself along, travs, it's only down the road from you, tell the man to shove his software training.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

It looks like 48.38 is my pb for this race, and on the day I was only 2m behind Emma Clayton. It looks like a big ask to better that. I can remember I got myself in front of Lisa Lacon that day, and just staunchly refused to give the place up, burying myself completely in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    It looks like 48.38 is my pb for this race, and on the day I was only 2m behind Emma Clayton. It looks like a big ask to better that. I can remember I got myself in front of Lisa Lacon that day, and just staunchly refused to give the place up, burying myself completely in the process.
    I'll just be churning in your wake! Making you look one place better! good luck and hope to see you there - I may take a coat.

Not seen any results, but i spied MrB on a facebook video near the start, just inside the top 10.

Big thanks to Howgill Harriers and nice to meet mattpo, there was a guy taking photos on the top, his camera will be full of water now.

My old arch nemesis was kicking me in the nuts again, a gale force headwind. I'd planned to run all the way to the ridge without walking, but I walked quite a bit, I haven't seen the results but I don't think it was a pb run. The conditions were the worst I've seen on that race, my arms were so chilled my hands almost stopped working, should have kept my cag on. Went a bit too low on the descent and dropped too far into the gill, I knew I was off course slightly when I had to go around a 30m diameter shake hole, it was quite a detour, but also quite a sight. I met the dreaded reeds quite early at the bottom too. Strong run in, nice and fast on the flat sections.