Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Wild Boar

Re: Really Wild Boar

great race so thanks from me as well. looks like there were some good prizes handed out in the pub afterwards.
    thanks for putting the photos on.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, though near the back (as usual).
    Did have the added thrill of keeping my eyes open when going head over heels and actually seeing the race at one point upside down, definitely a first.
    Will be back next year.
    Cheers

Crikey, looked a quality field:

John Heneghan, Jim Davies, Morgan Donnelly, Rob Jebb, Jon Deegan, Tom & Mark Addison, Ian Nixon, Gary Devine, Andrew Schofield....

I wonder if anyone bothered to go the right way this year, or did they just run around in mist on the plateau for a while, a la 2008...
    Why walk when you can run.

No problems on the plateau as it was a clear day, but the front end didn't get the fastest line going back down to the last checkpoint. Jim managed to overtake everyone except John by getting the best line from the the cairn.

Nice climb up on decent bridleway, tough climb onto the top, and an awesome descent back down. Cracking race, great prizegiving, thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely go again. Thanks Debbie and everyone involved.

Gutted for not sticking with Jim. I just followed where Morgan and Rob went (couldn't see John). I thought I had a good line as Gary and the field were behind me. I'll know better for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, though near the back (as usual).
    Did have the added thrill of keeping my eyes open when going head over heels and actually seeing the race at one point upside down, definitely a first.
    Will be back next year.
    Cheers
    that was me running beside you when you fell and then followed you in to the finish. it did look rather spectacular. its a wonder you did not break your neck

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    Crikey, looked a quality field:

John Heneghan, Jim Davies, Morgan Donnelly, Rob Jebb, Jon Deegan, Tom & Mark Addison, Ian Nixon, Gary Devine, Andrew Schofield....

I wonder if anyone bothered to go the right way this year, or did they just run around in mist on the plateau for a while, a la 2008...
    Wonder no more, everyone managed to get it right this year and only a few got it wrong last year.

Man from Del Monte - cheers for your concern, always notice it in fell races, someone falls, someone always says 'are u ok?' Much appreciated. Thanks
    One day I'll do consecutive fell races and not fall over in one, am learning to fall quite well!!!

One day I'll do consecutive fell races and not fall over in one, am learning to fall quite well!!![/QUOTE]

In my experience;if you don't tumble occasionally;you're not trying hard enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Man from Del Monte - cheers for your concern, always notice it in fell races, someone falls, someone always says 'are u ok?' Much appreciated. Thanks
    One day I'll do consecutive fell races and not fall over in one, am learning to fall quite well!!!
    if i had realised you were going to beat me to the line I would have tripped you up again!!!!!!!